Ecstasy party or booze sale upon leaving Cozumel?

pink daisy

Does anyone know if there is any kind of activity going on, on the Ecstasy, as we leave Cozumel? We were on the Conquest in July and it was quite a downer! WE were all hyped up from being at Senor Frogs and then we got on the ship and it was "dead" and you could not even buy a beer to start your own party with!

Wendy :)

They weren't and that happend on another ship we were on a few years earlier too! We heard somewhere that they cannot serve until they leave the peir? Can that be true...or did we just happen to get on a ship where the bartenders did not return to their area quickly enough as people got back on the boat?!

I know what your saying, seems like things have changed a bit. First time we went to Cozumel in the 90's on the Holiday, there was a great party on the Lido while the boat was leaving. That was back in the days when ya couldn't make it to your cabin on the first day without getting 3 or 4 free drinks.

Last time I went to Cozumel on the Valor, they had some food and some music on the lido but it was far from a big sail away party.

They weren't and that happend on another ship we were on a few years earlier too! We heard somewhere that they cannot serve until they leave the peir? Can that be true...or did we just happen to get on a ship where the bartenders did not return to their area quickly enough as people got back on the boat?!
Are you sure you just didn't have a little too much fun at Senor Frog's and can't remember? ;) We were at Senor Frog's (after the Yellowbird Party Boat) in Nassau last month and we didn't even make it to dinner that night -- so I couldn't tell you WHAT was going on that night on the ship. :p But I do know that at least some bars are open the entire time the ship is docked in port.

All the Carnival ships we have been on in recent years have had a late night deck party with a Mexican buffet one night. I know on the Glory it was the night we left Cozumel, and on the Sensation it was the night we were in Nassau -- but we missed that one. :( Not that we needed any more to drink! :p

Carnival has become pretty lame in that department.

I do remember they had a "Sail Away Party" on the "Legend" when it left Martinique back in 04. They put up a bunch of fake palm trees, lights, and decorations out around the pool area. They had a big food spread and a band. It was pretty cool.

I have watched that show on the Travel channel about the "Disney Cruises", where they show that big sail away party with all the charactors and crew. It get a little jealous that Carnival cannot do anything fun like that...

We were on th ecstasy in Nov. and the bars were open, they did not have a party until later that evening. They had a mexican Fiesta. I am with everyone else and think they should have big sail away parties. We partied way to much in Cozumel anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, I don't remember ANY "sail-away" parties on any of the cruises I've been on except the one as you leave the home port. I've been on Carnival, HAL and Disney and honestly don't remember any of them doing anything particulary special as they departed foreign ports. The crew/staff is usually pretty busy about then. I DO remember parties later on in the evening. . .

Archived