Will there be children on board?

CVParker

We are leaving on September 26th on the Elation for our Honeymoon.

I have noticed several posts mentioning hords of children running amok throughout the ship in several places on this site. I planned this during the school year thinking that there won't be many kids on our cruise but I have noticed that some posts mention school aged kids on the ship during school months.

Should I just plan on having to deal with hundreds of children during the week or do I not have anything to worry about because of the time of year?

No matter what time of the year you cruise, you will always find a certain amount of children onboard. I have had quite a few cruises, and haven't seen to many occasions of them running wild. Once in a while, maybe, but I think some of the reports are stretched a little bit. In you go oave a holiday, we did a Christmas curise, there will of course be many more. On our curise, the kids seemed all to behave well. Give it a try. Have a wonderful experience, and congratualtions.

We always sail the second week in October.It is our schools fall break.

There are usually about 50 kids on our cruises.We have had as many as 90,but 50 is a more likely group at that time of year.We also have mostly sailed Fantasy class ships.We did the Pride one year and that is where we had 90 kids.

In all of our cruises the worst thing I have ever seen was a few pre teens running in the hall.Camp Carnival usually keeps them so busy that I don't see much of the kids (except my own) :)

I think there is a small group of very vocal antichild(on cruises) people on this board that have got you worried.Go and have a good time.Most parents can and do control their children.Enjoy your cruise!! Mariann

Cvparker, congratulations!

We will be sailing with you on the Elation on Sept. 26th, we have a thread started on the roll call board looking for other cruisers.

We sailed last year in Sept. and took our 13yr old daughter, there was not that many childeren onboad.

You know now that I think about it Decali, it does remind me of an LSU football game. Darn and I've been crusing with them all along too!!!:p

Hey dbmiller1956, you're also right on target. Having traveled to a lot of SEC games we all enjoy ourselves. My children even let me go to most of the games. Now I get to go on the cruises with them.

Archived