Tequila/Corona factory tour in PV?

Lovergirl

Has anyone done an individual tour to either the tequila factory or the Corona factory? I seem to remember from the last time I was there that the Corona brewery was quite close to the hotel zone, but not sure where the tequila factory is. Can you just walk up or do you have to be part of an organized tour? Distance from the port?

Thanks for the advice!

KIM

Has anyone done an individual tour to either the tequila factory or the Corona factory? I seem to remember from the last time I was there that the Corona brewery was quite close to the hotel zone, but not sure where the tequila factory is. Can you just walk up or do you have to be part of an organized tour? Distance from the port?

Thanks for the advice!

KIM

There is no Corona Factory or Brewery in Puerto Vallarta. The closest is in Guadalajara. There is, however, a warehouse near the airport.

Same goes for a Tequila Factory or Distillery. There are a number of demonstration distilleries that the various tours stop at but no working production sites. If you are interested in tequilla tasting, there are quite a few opportunities available in Vallarta. A distillery in Guadalajara has opened a string of "factory outlet stores" in Vallarta. They will let you taste there various products and try to entice you into attanding a timeshare presenation at the same time.

I did find this site http://www.haciendadonaengracia.com/ but I'm not exactly sure where it is or if you can go on your own.

Enjoy!

We did the tour listed below and loved it!!! It was the best tour we have done yet, in part because we had the BEST tour guide!!:D

From the Carnival Website

Tequila Factories & Old Town Tour

This excursion captures the essence of Pacific Mexico – traditional pueblitos, lush countryside and, of course, Tequila.

On this excursion you will:

• Depart from the ship to one of the finest and most modern distilleries in Mexico.
  • Participate in a fully guided excursion of the manufacturing process and enjoy a sample.
  • Move on to a traditional tequila factory where the old-fashioned methods of producing tequila will be demonstrated.
  • Sample some more tequila.
  • Visit the pueblitos of the Valle de Banderas, an area first conquered by Francisco Cortez de Buenaventura in 1525.
  • Take a free shuttle to downtown Puerto Vallarta.

Archived