Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Well, almost his time next year the Pride will be steaming towards Baltimore.. Will be looking forward to all the ideas and suggestions that you all will have for us Eastcoasters that do not want to fly to the Baltimore port..For us that have not had the pleasure of sailing on the Pride we already have a idea where we want to stay on the ship and what we might want to do on the 7 day cruise all to your suggestions and ideas..I have heard that the Pride is a wonderful ship and I hope to experience it next year..Sorry for your loss west coast but I am sure you will get another wonderful ship in it's place..

Thanks for all your information..:D :D

Well, almost his time next year the Pride will be steaming towards Baltimore.. Will be looking forward to all the ideas and suggestions that you all will have for us Eastcoasters that do not want to fly to the Baltimore port..For us that have not had the pleasure of sailing on the Pride we already have a idea where we want to stay on the ship and what we might want to do on the 7 day cruise all to your suggestions and ideas..I have heard that the Pride is a wonderful ship and I hope to experience it next year..Sorry for your loss west coast but I am sure you will get another wonderful ship in it's place..

Enjoy the PRIDE. She is my favorite ship and all of us in Southern California will really miss her :( , but . . .

We get the SPLENDOR ! ! :D

has anyone booked with Randi's Happy horses with smaller kids (6&3) and if so, can I ride along with my 3yr old?? I am not too heavy, the two of us together will weigh about 160-165lbs, so less than my hubby.

We are on the Pride in early Dec and will probably go to the Krystal in PV, personal tour in Cabo ( I know someone there who will pick us up, give us a tour and drop us at a beach for some play...) but what can we do in Maz that is YOUNG kid friendly and relaxing and FUN FUN FUN:D ??

Any help would be great....maybe we should just get off for an hour or two, tour the city (ie SHOP:p ) (we have been there, so no need to see much!) and spend the rest of the day on the ship.

Thanks for any insight!

In Maz, to get away from the crowds and do beach things, head on over to Stone Island that is literally across the channel from the cruise ship. You can get a water taxi for $2.00 and enjoy a day at the beach. Water toys and such can be rented inexpensively and the restaurants, Victor's Leti's to name a few make killer seafood and shirmp dishes. Check thread on Stone Island for more info. Enjoy

Hey I am an eastcoaster and will be on the Pride this November. I will attempt to remember things to post once we are back that might come in handy to some of you guys.

I know I am really looking forward to going on her.:)

Sorry for your loss west coast but I am sure you will get another wonderful ship in it's place..

The Splendor is coming to the West coast so it'll be great. The Pride has been there for quite awhile. Now we'll have a brand new ship to sail on.

The Splendor is coming to the West coast so it'll be great. The Pride has been there for quite awhile. Now we'll have a brand new ship to sail on.

I know I was a little heartbroken at first when I found that out. I thought we should have waited and gone on the Spendlor but the Dream will stay on the East Coast. That is very nice.

I have a few questions.

1. The Pride has 2 formal nights. Which nights are they?
  2. What day is the wine tasting in David's Supper Club?
  3. What time is the Wine tasting?
  4. What is the cost of the wine tasting?

The formal nights are Monday and Friday.

I have never done the wine tasting at David's Supper Club so I can't say which day it is. I can say the food is excellent there.

I know I was a little heartbroken at first when I found that out. I thought we should have waited and gone on the Spendlor but the Dream will stay on the East Coast. That is very nice.

I love the Eastern Caribbean itinerary so I'm looking forward to doing in on the Dream in the future.

In Maz, to get away from the crowds and do beach things, head on over to Stone Island that is literally across the channel from the cruise ship. You can get a water taxi for $2.00 and enjoy a day at the beach. Water toys and such can be rented inexpensively and the restaurants, Victor's Leti's to name a few make killer seafood and shirmp dishes. Check thread on Stone Island for more info. Enjoy

Thanks BEFdoc - good info

We will enjoy! Cheers :D

Hi

I Am Glad That We Have A Thread Just For The Pride.. We Are Planning A Cruise For Next September Going Out Of Baltimore And Plan On Getting A Balcony..my Question-- Is The Balcony Big Enough For 4 Adults, I Imagine That There Won't Be Enough Chairs, But Was Just Wondering If It Was Big Enough For 4...

I love the Eastern Caribbean itinerary so I'm looking forward to doing in on the Dream in the future.

We have the Dream booked for 2010 for a Western. We decided to do the Western because the ports are not the normal Western Itinerary. We have Belize, Honduras and Costa Maya thrown in there with Cozumel. We thought this would be a nice change from the same ole same ole itinerary.

Hi

I Am Glad That We Have A Thread Just For The Pride.. We Are Planning A Cruise For Next September Going Out Of Baltimore And Plan On Getting A Balcony..my Question-- Is The Balcony Big Enough For 4 Adults, I Imagine That There Won't Be Enough Chairs, But Was Just Wondering If It Was Big Enough For 4...

If they're real good friends ! ! :D

Seriously, its just fine for two . . . three bringing the stool from the dressing table would be okay, but four, probably only if standing. I'm talking about a standard PRIDE balcony. I'm sure there are other balconies on this ship that can seat more "comfortably" . :)

Well the girls nixed the idea of the undecided guaranteed Balcony, we're movin on up..They want to pick their Balcony, so I have some picked-out so maybe you all could help me decide on some of these, as I do not know the layout and don't really want to be under the Lido or any of the other noisy areas..

8A Main rm 4161

8B Upper rm 5197

8C upper/Main rm 5130 ext balcony

8D empress rm 6192

8E Empress rm 6257 ext balcony

Are these good choices..

Also one of the ladies wanted to know the size limit of a bottle of wine that could be brought on board...

Man we don't even have the room yet and they are ready to party..LOL

Thanks everyone...:p :p :p

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with the attraction, Swimming with the Dolphins" in either Cabo or PV. It has always been my dream to be upclose and personal with those magnificent marine mammals. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

I was trying to get a CC cruise together on the Pride for June 2010 but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'm thinking of throwing my hat into a Nov 09 cruise with a bar card included. The extra cost for the bar card is $350 for a seven day cruise. There will be two groups cruising... one with the card (everyone in the stateroom must purchase the card) and one without the card.

What do you all think? Does that seem like a lot? I'm not so happy with the ports.. Freeport and Nassau but the Baltimore is close to home (Philly) and the other people going are fantastic. Some will be 1st timers that I am recommending since my CC cruise didn't get off the ground. Hoping to hear lots of great stuff about the Pride.

I can't answer your question because we haven't been yet, but we have rooms 5112 and 5114 so I am hoping they are good! We sail on the 9/28/08 cruise -- which one are you on?

Jill and the Gang!

Archived