Fortuna Beds?

Pupsweet

For any recent cruisers on Fortuna:

Are the beds thin and hard?

And are the pillows flat?

We're staying in a Standard Ocean View stateroom.

We're spoiled by Celebrity and RCCL ... any comparisons there?

Thanks! :)

We just returned from a week in the Wesern Caribbean on the Costa Fortuna. Along with everything else that was wonderful about the cruise, we found the beds to be quite comfortable. Not thin, not hard, but quite firm and reasonable. In fact, my husband began the cruise with a sore back, and after spending as much time as possible in bed, he ended the cruise in good shape. The pillows were also good, but we aren't very picky about that. Have a great time!

Sorry, but I thought that the beds were hard and the pillows even harder. I asked for a softer pillow and I got another one just as hard. I think you have to be in a suite to get the "pillow menu". We were in a balcony cabin on the 7th deck. Have a great cruise!

Sorry, but I thought that the beds were hard and the pillows even harder. I asked for a softer pillow and I got another one just as hard. I think you have to be in a suite to get the "pillow menu". We were in a balcony cabin on the 7th deck. Have a great cruise!

Thanks FLMO ... that's what I had heard.

We're bringing our own egg crate and a couple of IKEA pillows (the ones that a schmushed up till you open them ... comfy beds and sleeping in are one of my favorite vacation activities ... we've done this before on some cruises and it helps a ton. For the extra $40 we spend on two pillows and an egg crate we ensure restful nights.

We've also sometimes asked our room steward for an egg crate pad, but on full ships sometimes that takes days (even with a hefty tip).

This way we're ready for sweet dreams the very first night.

Thanks for the second opinion!

Happy cruisin' everyone!

Archived