Cabins on the Pride

#4'smom

Opinions needed about what we should choose....

We are torn between booking a Cat. 11(Suite) or Cat. 8I(Ext. Balcony). Is the $940.00 difference between the two worth it????

If we book Cat. 11, we'll be on Deck 6. If we book Cat. 8I we have a choice of Decks 6, 7 or 8. Which deck is better???

We will have myself, DH and 16 year old son in cabin.

The only way I'd stay in a higher category is if the cabin is an aft wraparound balcony. You could seriously get yourself a nice balcony and an adjoining interior(or one across the hall) for less than the suite price.

If everyone cleans up after themselves, and keep things in an organized way, just the standard balcony will be do-able for the 3 of you. Saving $$.

We were on the Panorama deck on the Pride in October, we were in cabin 8192 this is not an extended balcony but it was in a great place, right by the elevators (no noise from them at all) my friend was in cabin 8177 with the extended balcony and she was bothered by the noise from the Lido deck. She said she heard scraping noises from above early in the morning. I would stay on the Panorama deck again if I could get the same cabin I was in on my October cruise.

Which is nicer or the pros/cons of an Ext. Balcony versus regular balcony.

I know ext. is larger than the regular but somewhere I read that ext. may be shaded and have less privacy because they are recessed back from the others.

I don't like the side extended, because I'm one who does like to watch the water along the hull.

If I was to get one of these, I would pick the center of the recess to maximize sun and forward/aft view (too close 1 way or another MIGHT be an issue...to me.

marvel99.jpg

I did just have the forward UPPER deck on the Miracle (you can see the glass at an angle on the forward lower section of balconies).

It was awesome....nice balcony with no lifeboats and not in the recessed area......it was a GREAT location. Even better because my kids had an adjoining interior cabin.

2608630080089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

we had the first 3 balcoines and the interior(adjoinig the first balcony)

2119689600089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

I had both the extended and regular balconies on the Pride.

In retrospect, I think I liked the view better of the regular balcony as you do not see the lifeboats when looking down. I know... not a big deal for most.

I tend to like to look down and watch the water go by against the ship's hull. I know it sounds funny, but I just enjoy watching this. It's mezmorizing... kind of like the folks who book the aft cabins just to watch the wake from the ship.

So, if this is not important to you, then the extended is a fine choice.

However, I would not book any higher than the Veranda Deck (Deck 7).

Best of luck and happy cruising. :)

Originally we were taking a Suite 11 and an inside(6 in our family) but with everyones valuable input we've changed those.

We have decided to take 2 regular balcony rooms side by side, so we can open the balcony divider and have an extra long deck.

Our choices are 7273 & 7275 (Verandah deck on starboard) or 6236 & 6238 (Empress Deck on portside). Leaning towards Verandah deck????

Thanks everyone for the help. Any more suggestions would be great.

I would go with 7273 & 7275 (Verandah deck on starboard). It's a bit more center, so the ride will be nicer.

I had cabin 7317 and it was a bit more bumpy than the cabin I had closer to the center on Deck 7.

We don't mind at all either way... but given a choice, I would always select a cabin closer to the center of the deck.

Verandah deck....all the way

We had 7251, 7253 and 7255 on my first Miracle (Prides sister) GREAT location.

The laundry is across from 7267....very convenient.

Keep in mind that the dividers open forward to the rail. So you want yourself booked in the aft of the two cabins(you lose a bit of rail when the divider is secured....as seen in the following picture)

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

Try out this link for a photo of the view from a Cat 7A cabin.

This photo represents the best view you will get, as it's right between two of the lifeboats, so you can actually see out. Most of the 7A''s, your view is only over the top of them and not between them.

Best of luck! :)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://thumb8.webshots.net/s/thumb2/6/88/39/71268839KxQueu_th.jpg&imgrefurl=http://travel.webshots.com/album/71268363MGtWsT&h=100&w=67&sz=2&hl=en&start=17&um=1&tbnid=LJgqK-mCQAeuNM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=55&prev=/images%3Fq%3DCategory%2B7A%2Bbalcony%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den

Does anyone know about the 9A category on the Legend (or Pride, Spirit or Miracle)? These are the large cabins with large decks that have an elevator right outside. Only 2 of these cabins per deck on Decks 5, 6, 7 & 8.

I'm concerned about noise from the elevator since it appears to be right outside the cabin wall.

I've called Carnival and talked to two reps. One said, "yes, you will hear the elevator but mostly just at dinner times", the other said "No, you will not hear the elevator". Don't know who to believe, but the cabin size looks great, especially since we will be booking two and can open up the balcony doors for an even BIGGER balcony.

Hope some one can help,

Molly

We sailed on the Pride last June, were on the Empress Deck (Deck 6). We were a couple of floors down from the Lido Deck which meant for a bit more stairclimbing because we tended to go up there for a nosh or two. However, in all other respects, I would expect Empress deck to be comparable to others. Guess it is your personal preference as to how close you want to be to the "action".

Hula Dancer,

Having trouble getting this to post--we had 7299 on Legend (a 9A) last Spring for a Back 2 Back. It was fantastic. Lots of closet space, nice area for a bar, very large balcony and large window area looking out to balcony. We never heard the elevators in 16 days and we spend a lot of time in the room. Probably the best room we have had in over 25 crusies. Here are some photos.

1301425229_9Aroom.jpg.9f041c09dd5affeb009531c284e31b40.jpg

bal.jpg.96e8629948dcc1bc84097b05589b99a1.jpg

1660892681_9Aclosets.jpg.fe8a49ec9394feed64e59dd1b165a97a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived