1st Timers

Cymru am Byth

Hi peeps,

Just to introduce myself by jumping striaght in for a big request for help ...

We are going on a P&O Cruise in November, The Oceana and a package called "Simply Carribban" It will be our first cruise and it will be "a once in a lifetime" holiday.

Any advice, pointers or tips on how to enjoy the Ship, the brief stay at each of the Islands and the cruise to the best would be very much appreciated

All the best and smiles

CaB

Hi Cymru am Byth,

Welcome !! Not having sailed on P&O I could only respond to the Carib. and that is, you'll have a wonderful time. Where and when you're going may have an influence on your cruise. Please make this cruise one in many of a lifetime and share your experience with the rest of us.

You may want to vist P&O's threads for some info if you haven't already.

Have a great cruise.:D

Barry

Barry,

Thank you for your lovely reply and sentiments contained within.

We are off in November, visiting for several hours, Curacao, Aruba, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Tortola, St. Maarten and St. Lucia (a total trip of 14 days)

I do hope it wont be our last cruise though ...

Thanks also for the advice on the P&O threads, im off there now ...

Thanks again Barry, smiles

I suggest touring the ship when you get on, and seeing everything first, so you know what it has to offer, familiarizing your self with the layout. We board early as possible and there is hardly anyone around as we tour and take pictures while its empty. First evening check out all the nightclubs to see what you like best. The daily paper that is left under your door each evening is valuable to enjoying the ship, always knowing what is going on.

As for the islands, if you reasearch on these boards all you can to know what the layout of the island is and what its like and what is available to do is extremely helpful. I find out so much info. I feel like I have been to them even before I leave home. Its makes the trip to them so much more enjoyable and familiar, and I know I haven't missed something there that I had wanted to see. We prefer to book tours on our own rather that the ship ones.

On the ship we have done so many things we never would have, or thought we would hate but enjoyed, so join in have a great time. Participating makes for great fun memories. You will love cruising.

You'll love Oceana. She's great ship - especially for vigin cruisers! If you want to know more about P&O and what the ships are like try visiting http://crowsnestonline.net/, which is UK based chatroom, heavily weighted towards P&O. Like all cruisers they are a friendly bunch and will happily answer all your questions. Cruising is wonderful. Most of us started with our "once in a lifeltime" holiday...and just kept going.. beware - it IS addictive.

I suggest touring the ship when you get on, and seeing everything first, so you know what it has to offer, familiarizing your self with the layout. We board early as possible and there is hardly anyone around as we tour and take pictures while its empty. First evening check out all the nightclubs to see what you like best. The daily paper that is left under your door each evening is valuable to enjoying the ship, always knowing what is going on.

As for the islands, if you reasearch on these boards all you can to know what the layout of the island is and what its like and what is available to do is extremely helpful. I find out so much info. I feel like I have been to them even before I leave home. Its makes the trip to them so much more enjoyable and familiar, and I know I haven't missed something there that I had wanted to see. We prefer to book tours on our own rather that the ship ones.

On the ship we have done so many things we never would have, or thought we would hate but enjoyed, so join in have a great time. Participating makes for great fun memories. You will love cruising.

Tweety33,

Thanks for your great reply, loads of useful ideas and some great tips, it is really appreciated, thank you

Really think the idea of familiarization of the ship from the start is a great idea and thanks for the pointer on the 'Daily News Paper' thats a great tip too.

Cant wait to participate as you've mentioned, im also sure we're going to love cruising, anyway for now, best regards, happy crusing to you and smiles

Julian

You'll love Oceana. She's great ship - especially for vigin cruisers! If you want to know more about P&O and what the ships are like try visiting http://crowsnestonline.net/, which is UK based chatroom, heavily weighted towards P&O. Like all cruisers they are a friendly bunch and will happily answer all your questions. Cruising is wonderful. Most of us started with our "once in a lifeltime" holiday...and just kept going.. beware - it IS addictive.

Hey SC,

Thanks for your help to my thread here as well and sorry for the delay in replying .... see you on the other side of the pond .. all the best, happy cruising and smiles

ps seems like an addiction i really want!!!!

Julian

Be sure to check out your cruise line web site for shore excursions and other things to do at each port.

Hi ya ehfl,

I didnt think of that, its a cracking idea and thanks for pointing in the right direction, ive just being googling eveything and it beens quite a process ... all the best, thanks again, happy cruising and smiles

Julian

Archived