Santo Domingo tours, private tours and airport transfer

Iceman-007

Can anyone recommend me a reputable tour company. I was also thinking of doing a private tour the 1st day I am there since I arrive the night before at 6 or 7 , I would like to take the tour the following day, I have to be at the port at 3 or 3:30 pm so I don't have lot of time.

I am thinking of taking the RCCL airport transfer with a city tour but it does not seem that good and you don't seem to see that much, it is also only 3 hours for 42 USD. So I would like to take a private tour or preferably a group tour that will take my girlfriend and I to the airport.

My cruise starts on Feb 3, 2008 and finishes on Feb 10, 2008

RCCL Legend of The Seas.

We arrive in Santo Domingo on February 8th for our February 10th cruise on Legend of the Seas. We are using Dominican Airport Transfers to take us from the airport to the hotel (Renaissance Jaragua)on Friday, from the hotel to the ship on Sunday, and from the ship to the airport on the following Sunday. We haven't decided on tours of Santo Domingo or to Boca Chica while we are at the Jaragua but think we may just arrange something when we are settled into the hotel. At least our essential transportation needs have been taken care of, and if we can't arrange a tour for a reasonable fee, we may just hang out by the pool at the hotel on Saturday.:)

• 2 years later...
Can anyone recommend me a reputable tour company. I was also thinking of doing a private tour the 1st day I am there since I arrive the night before at 6 or 7 , I would like to take the tour the following day, I have to be at the port at 3 or 3:30 pm so I don't have lot of time.

I am thinking of taking the RCCL airport transfer with a city tour but it does not seem that good and you don't seem to see that much, it is also only 3 hours for 42 USD. So I would like to take a private tour or preferably a group tour that will take my girlfriend and I to the airport.

My cruise starts on Feb 3, 2008 and finishes on Feb 10, 2008

RCCL Legend of The Seas.

We are struggling with finding info out about tour companies in Santa Domingo as well. I found a City Tour by SAS Tours in the internet that looks interesting but I don't know anything about the tour operator. Does anyone out there have recent experience with SAS Tours?

Bob

Archived