Tucan Sailing Adventure

blueyesdm

I was wondering if anyone has done this excursion? I have read other reviews on the CC boards and it sounds wonderful. However, I was wondering if you had to book a minimum amount of people. It's just myself, DH and DD going.

Any info you have is much appreciated! :)

We've booked this trip for Feb 27th. When we emailed Dan & Karen we started off with 4 people and then added 2 more. Karen from the Tucan thought she'd probably have more that would book. The last time I checked we were still at 6, but said we should still plan on it. What date will you be in Coz? You might send her an email and have her put you on the list. We tried to do this trip last year when we were in Cozumel, but it was booked as a charter and we couldn't get on. We're looking forward to it! We've heard wonderful things about the Tucan and it's crew!

How funny, we'll be in Cozumel on the 27th on the Navigator, so we'd be on this one together! I sent them an email this morning and haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully, there is still room and that will put three more on the list!!

How funny, we'll be in Cozumel on the 27th on the Navigator, so we'd be on this one together! I sent them an email this morning and haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully, there is still room and that will put three more on the list!!

They usually cap it at 14-16 guests total, so it's looking good for you! :)

Blueyesdm - I just received a paypal invoice for our deposit from Dan & Karen. Another couple from our group has decided to also go, so we are up to 8 people. When is your ship in Cozumel? We are to be there from 8am - 5pm Cozumel time. Unfortunately we have to tender in rather than dock and that takes a little time. Karen thought she had heard some tenders were taking a couple of hours and that wouldn't be enough time. I need to check with some recent sailors to see how long it took to get off the boat. I thought I had read somewhere about it taking 30 minutes, but not sure. That will be my next mission!

I just got our invoice via paypal too. Luckily our ship docks in Cozumel...I believe we are there from 8-5 too...she said that we will be leaving at 9.

When you refer to your group - do you mean your CC group or are you sailing with some friends in a group?

We are cruising this year with a group of 13 friends. We're an instant party. Only 8 of our group is going on this excursion. For quite a few in our group it will be their first cruise and they just want to check out Cozumel. We've already been there and done that and with 10 ships in port that day, we thought we'd do something a little different.

You will have a wonderful time. Just back from the Tucan off the 1/6 Spirit. The boat is very clean and comfortable. We were the only two people on board and were treated so well. We snorkled, fished, ate great food prepared on board (the guacomole which I don't normally eat was great)and the drinks never stopped. Find out how to make the bell ring!!!! We have sailed private charters all over and this was absolutly top notch. Little hint. When catching a cab if you can get it across the street from the terminal you are better off. If you get it right at the street the one way traffic (to the right) forces the cab to drive about a mile down the road only to have to turn back since the pier is in the other direction. I was a $6 ride.

Hi Daisy, from the Oct 11, 2008 Roll Call to Hawaii and I have assumed the Roll Call duties for Martha. She and Lee had to leave us suddenly a couple weeks ago, so am trying to update our list. Are you and DH still aboard. Thank you.

Gay

Radiance of the Seas Roll Call to Hawaii Oct 11, 2008

Gay, sorry it took so long to answer this. Our DSL connection was messed up. The PVSA nonsense made us rethink our cruise. We cancelled and rebooked a B2B on the Freedom for the same time frame. We will still do Hawaii, but will wait and see what falls out with the regs. Have a good time. Thanks for thinking of us.

Sherry

Daisy, thank you so much for getting back to me. We have lost some due to the change, but have had new arrivals as well. I had DSL, but got rid of it, as I was experiencing connecting problems, so we are totally with Time Warner now with everything, computer, TV, Phones and saving $ 60. Our dear Web Dave left, but is maintaining the site for us. Happy Sailings and hopefully John & I will run into you somewhere on a future Cruise.

Gay

Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii Roll Call

Archived