Freedom of the Seas - SHIP PHOTO

The best that I can tell is that it is either Southampton or Blohm+Voss yard in Hamburg. Still looking though.

Steering wheel in the car is on the USA/German side so I doubt it is Southampton, but I could be wrong, folks could have taken the car ferry over. The 18 wheelers look more American than I have seen in Europe...and the license plates are more like USA plates...maybe in a different area of Miami for the couple night cruises they had when she first arrived, or perhaps up in the NJ area?

Rancher Dave, are you looking at the attached pick in my post, the one with the clock tower and copper roofs? I did a google search of just Freedom of the seas and clicked on the

geekarmyhttp://www.geekarmy.com/cool/Freedom-of-the-Seas.html

Go to that web site and you can tell that it is cold out, all the people are wearing coats. It might be in the NJ area. When you scroll down there is a pick of a bridge. Does that look familiar to you?

• 1 month later...
I wonder if that is the bridge that the Explorer sails under out of Bayonne.

Haha Germany sounds about right... it's definitely not the Long Island - Staten Island bridge (the Verrazano Narrows Bridge) that the ships pass under leaving Bayonne or NY Harbor. I have the misfortune of having to cross that bridge with regularity.

Haha Germany sounds about right... it's definitely not the Long Island - Staten Island bridge (the Verrazano Narrows Bridge) that the ships pass under leaving Bayonne or NY Harbor. I have the misfortune of having to cross that bridge with regularity.

I had the fortune of sailing under it on the Explorer of the Seas:D

Archived