Maui Ocean Center

ski ninja

I just heard about the Maui ocean center on the Travel Channel and it looks like a great place to take 2 1/2 year old niece when we stop in Maui. I was thinking of taking the bus to get there and back (we are tendering into Lahaina). Any thoughts? Which bus would we take?

Actually, the Maui bus system is pretty efficient these days. On the link above, you'll want to look at the route/scheduling for the Lahaina Islander going from Wharf Cinema Center to Ma'alaea Harbor. It's about 40 minutes on the bus (about 25 to 30 minutes by car, so you're not "losing" too much time taking the bus).

beachchick

We (4 women) LOVED the gift shop at the Ocean Center! There was a great selection of quality items as well as cheap things to buy. Undoubted the best selection and most reasonably priced things overall that we found on our cruise a couple years ago.

Oh yeah, the oceanarium exhibits were awesome too! :rolleyes:

Definitely I'm looking forward to going back again next May!!!

I'm seriously going to consider using the public bus referenced in the previous posts. Be the time we took the rental car shuttle to the rental counter, did all the paperwork & then got back to Maui, we'd spent way more than the 10 minute difference in driving time between a car & the bus! Probably more hassle too. Thanks for the option!

Hi!

I can't help you with the logistics of getting to the MOC from Lahaina but since we usually do a land-based vacation every year on Maui I can tell you how much our kids ADORE the aquarium!

When we are there we buy a "weekly" pass and the kidlets put it to good use! They love the place and can spend hours roaming around. DD is 10 and DS 7 now and that's still one of the first things they want to do when we get there.:D

Your niece will love it as well!:)

Have a great cruise!

Cindra

Archived