Brooklyn Terminal Help

Deep68

Flying in from Phoenix on red eye for a cruise departure from Brooklyn.

I can fly into Newark or JFK(more options for JFK).

Which airport would be best?

How much would a taxi cost from each airport to the terminal?

Also my flight would be arriving around 6am in the morning. Cruise does not depart until 5pm. Is there anywhere to go for breakfast or to pass some time - do not want to sightsee in NY.

We are arriving on a Sunday.

:cool: :confused:

Taxi from JFK to pier was about $50 (ours was more because we had the guy make a stop at a couple of stores for "supplies") and then return was $70 from the pier to airport.

Hint: Take one of the limo cabs from the pier to the airport. They are all flat rate. If you take a yellow cab they are metered. You CAN get lucky and maybe get away with less than $70 using a yellow cab, but the traffic in NY is horrendous sometimes and in the end, you'll most likely be best off with a flat rate.

or you can call and arrange with Arecibo or Carmel to pick you up at the airport and the pier for about 35-40 each way per car/limo and no meter. In any case take directions with you because many times they don't know where it is.....

http://www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/web/ny/home

this has good directions(they added some of my suggestions)...

even though you land at 6 it means you won't get to the cruise terminal until 8-9...

You can have plenty of time to sight see . Call carmel and see what they will charge for a car from about 7:30 until 2...you need to be at the pier at least 2 hours plus before it sails....and lunch is served and is very nice...and then call Arecibo and and see what they want 7187836465

Near the pier(within walking distance) after you drop your luggage off if you don't want to sightsee is Hope and Anchor BAr an inexpensive breakfast or brunch or even a less expensive one at the Fairway supermarket cafe(its in the back great water views).....

let me know if you want dirrections

Hope and Anchor is south on Van Brunt Street(corner of Sullivan I believe) about 1/4 of a mile from the walkin/out entrance which is at Pioneer and Conover Street. Fairway is another 1/4 of a mile south on Van Brunt....

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=347%20Van%20Brunt%20St%20Brooklyn%20NY&mag=5&ard=1#mvt=m&lat=40.677178&lon=-74.012919&mag=3&q1=347%20Van%20Brunt%20St%20Brooklyn%20NY

Archived