Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice 3/8/09 (Atlantis Events)

philamike

Hello all,

For those of you already booked on the Solstice, was there still any vacancies left at the time you booked? I heard that it's sold out or almost sold out and I got my TA to put me on the waiting list. Do you think I have any chances for getting on board? Thanks.

Hello all,

For those of you already booked on the Solstice, was there still any vacancies left at the time you booked? I heard that it's sold out or almost sold out and I got my TA to put me on the waiting list. Do you think I have any chances for getting on board? Thanks.

Have you sailed with Atlantis before? If not, I think you will be out of luck, if you have it's going to be timing. Those of us that sailed Liberty in January got first pick. Then they gave a chance to those that did the March Carib cruise that ended this past weekend. They say that on March 15th, all past Atlantis cruisers will be receive an email notification that the cruise is available to them (I guess if it didn't sell out on the last cruise) and the free for all will begin! :D

Sorry I don't have better news.

Thanks - every bit of info. helps.

I have sailed with Atlantis before, on the Radiance of the Seas in '07 and am curently booked on the Atlantis Serenade of the Seas '08. All the other cruises have been with RSVP,the last one being on the Zuiderdam two weeks ago. I also booked the RSVP Eurodam for '09, but the Solstice ship and itinerary look more attractive to me, especially the three sea days. So I'm thinking of switching if I can get reservations.

Well fingers crossed for you! Hope you can make it. Also, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and find out.

We had originally booked next year's Freedom, but wanted to change our minds. I thought we'd have to wait until March 15th, but my husband told me to call and ask. I did and they switched us. You never know until you ask.

did they let you pick a stateroom when you called? That's one of the things about booking while on a cruise, being able to pick your cabin. My husband gets seasick (luckily the two cruises we've been on he hasn't) so we like to be able to pick a room higher up and in the center of the deck where it's supposedly more stable.

Although I have to admit that on the Liberty in January, I didn't get sick, but I noticed the ship rocking quite a bit. Much more than the Serenade the year before.

Yep, they let us pick from the available staterooms. We had the deck plans open on the computer at Celebrity's site and used that while talking to the Atlantis rep. Took all of 10 minutes. Very easy.

We don't get sea or motion sickness so I don't notice it much. I do like being "rocked" to sleep at night though. The Freedom in January of 2007 was much rockier than this year. At least it was more noticeable at the dinner table.

BostonBud-

Motion is less noticeable on the LOWER decks midship. I think you should try for Category 2B on the Continental Deck. If that's not available then try Cat 2B on the Sunrise Deck.

-Chris

We like being up higher. We are in a CC stateroom on the Sky Deck right in the middle. Size of room and balcony outweighs the motion plus we've never experienced bad movement in our rooms. We'd wanted to be in a suite but the suites were being held for the March 08 cruise and we didn't want to be on the deck right below the pool deck. Those parties can get very loud.

• 1 month later...

For anyone waiting to book this cruise, it has gone on sale to Alumni. Sign up soon, rooms seem to be selling quickly. At this time, it is not listed on the website, so you will have to call Atlantis or your travel agent to get the info.....

SolsticeMay.jpg.afdde79aa27d69df64e4e1c532cae3b0.jpg

Just in case y'all haven't been following on the Solstice thread on the Celebrity boards, here is the latest webcam picture of Solstice from the German shipyard. She is still in dry dock. (Click pic to make it bigger)

Hey guys! I am so excited about Solstice. This will be my fifth Atlantis cruise by the time I get there. I am travelling with best friends from Phoenix and Denver in side-by-side balcony rooms on the 6th floor. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

The BF & I are also now booked on the 6th deck - 6199. Hope the ship does make it to Curaçao, the stop there on March '07 cruise was great! But whatever the ports it is about the experience on Atlantis that counts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I remember right, that'll be my 7th Atlantis cruise, 14th cruise overall. I've done 6 with RSVP [incl. QM2 transatlantic] and will be taking my first public cruise in November 2008....though it's with about 100 people attending a gay bowling tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, the new itinerary for the Solstice Caribbean cruise is up on the Altantis Alumni site. Cannot wait! I also posted a link of who is going with us.

Here's the new itinerary:

3/8 - Depart Ft. Lauderdale (4:30pm)

3/9 - At Sea

3/10 - Labadee (7:00am to 4:30pm)

3/11 - Isla Catalina / Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic (11:00am to 6:00pm)

3/12 - Willemstad, Curacao (1:00pm to 11:00pm)

3/13 - At Sea

3/14 - At Sea

3/15 - Arrive Ft. Lauderdale (7:00am)

- Mike :-)

It seems they just emailed the change out too. I'm excited about Labadee, we went there on the Jan 08 cruise and really enjoyed it. They also went to Curacao in 07 but we ended up missing the Tdance which everyone really seemed to enjoy.

It seemed FOREVER for Atlantis to open up sales to the general public which they did last Wednesday. I was pleased that my bf Nick and I were able to get a sunset aft cabin on deck 6...in fact all those aft-facing balconies on deck 6 were still available, despite the Solstice being already 90% full.

The stylish decor and spa focus really sold us on this cruise...I'm sure the male company and warm breezes of the Caribbean will add to the ambiance and enjoyment.

Archived