Killafee - How did everything go?

I am anxiously awaiting how everything went and hope to bestow Congratulations on a fabulous wedding! :) Hope it was everything you wanted and more!

Well hello!!! I'm back! Thanks for asking! We all had the time of our lives. Perfect weather every single day, a fun group of friends and family, beautiful ship, great bartenders (heeh), and our wedding was AWESOME!!! I didn't think that it was even possible for a wedding to go that smoothly, or to have so much fun! If you wanna see pics from it I have a few on my webshots link that's down below. I'm still posting them as I write this but you get the idea. Thanks again for asking! :D :p Have fun checking out the pikkies!

Laura

Wow, congrats on the wedding. I don't really know you...only when I've seen you on the boards :)...but congrats on the wedding, and WOW what a hot husband! :) *high five* You two are super cute, and it looks like you've had some great adventures by looking at your pics. Have many more years of fun together! That's what it's all about!

Well hello!!! I'm back! Thanks for asking! We all had the time of our lives. Perfect weather every single day, a fun group of friends and family, beautiful ship, great bartenders (heeh), and our wedding was AWESOME!!! I didn't think that it was even possible for a wedding to go that smoothly, or to have so much fun! If you wanna see pics from it I have a few on my webshots link that's down below. I'm still posting them as I write this but you get the idea. Thanks again for asking! :D :p Have fun checking out the pikkies!

Laura

Your and your pictures look so beautiful. :D I am glad everything worked out so well.

You also come from one of my very favorite towns that I just loved to visit when I lived on Long Island. I sure miss it. :(

Wow, congrats on the wedding. I don't really know you...only when I've seen you on the boards :)...but congrats on the wedding, and WOW what a hot husband! :) *high five* You two are super cute, and it looks like you've had some great adventures by looking at your pics. Have many more years of fun together! That's what it's all about!

Thanks! We have been having fun together for 10 years and I hope to keep it going for at least another 60 or so, lol. :p My head is still spinning from the whole week, to be honest! What a great idea it was to get married in the caribbean (if I do say so myself....teehee) We had the best time ever! I'm trying to get up as many photos tonight as possible but webshots is taking it's sweet time right now. :p

Laura

Hi Laura!

Welcome back and congratulations! I am glad everything turned out as you expected! You guys look like you had a great time and you looked beautiful!

I have so many questions for you!!...:o

On which beach did you get married and at what time? We are getting married at the Divi inclusive at 4:45. I hope there won`t be too many people watching on the beach.. was it the case for you?

How long were you on the beach? We have planed for 2 hours to do the ceremony and take pictures and I was not sure it would be long enough..

I think you had a steal band playing, how did that work out for you?

How did you go about tipping after all?

what time were you able to board the ship on embarcation day and which days had the formal nights?

OK.. enough for now..

Our wedding is less than a month away so it is exciting to see your pictures and see that all worked well for you! Was it very hot during the ceremony? I wanted to go with a veil at first but I think I won`t because it looks pretty windy.. what are your thoughts on that?

OK.. enough for real now!

Congrats again!:)

Caroline

Hey Caroline! I was just about to head over to the wedding boards but I figured I'd wait until all my pics were up. My brother just dropped off a CD full of more (he was the one walking me down the aisle). I think it will take at least another day to get them all up though!

Everything went according to plan. The ONLY thing that went wrong was the IPOD connecter that the catamaran had promised us we would use broke that day but it was a non issue because they had great music anyway.

Okay as far as your questions go....formal nights were Monday (captains cocktail party and everything) and on Thursday.

On Sunday we headed over to the ship around noon and got on within 1/2 hour. We didn't want to go too early because I knew our suite wouldn't be ready until at least 1pm (ended up being 2pm) and I didn't want to sit up in the windjammer with my wedding dress. :p That thing was a pain to lugg around!

On Tuesday in Aruba, Edwina picked up my mother, Andrews father (our official witnesses) and the two of us at 1:50pm outside the security gate and yes it was hottttt. But only because we were standing there for like 10 minutes. Then we headed to the Civil House (which you don't have to do if I remember correctly) and took some amazing pictures and signed all of the legal documents. It was weird because we weren't planning on thinking of that as being the actual ceremony (we wanted to think of the beach blessing as the REAL thing) but it was hard to not think of it that way because it was such a nice ordeal. Robert, our photographer, took tons of pictures all over the place and in front of some brightly colored buildings.

In the meantime, Edwinas assistant picked up the rest of the group at the pier at 2:45 and they headed to the beach and so did we. They don't set up until the last possible minute because it is SO WINDY. When we got to the set up I couldn't believe it - it was exactly how I pictured it!!! Yaaay! We were married on Eagle Beach and there wasn't too many people around. There were definitely plenty of tourists and beach goers taking photos of our wedding but hey.... OMG the wind is incredible! It was difficult to hear anything (case in point, apparently my nephew was flipping out the whole time....he's two....and my SIL was really upset but I didn't hear a thing because of the wind) I didn't love the steel pan player and I could barely hear him. He was on his cell phone 1/2 the time. Yeh. I think we should have just brought a CD and played that. His version of Cannon in D was pretty laughable....but anyway. :D You also asked if two hours is enough. We only had 1 hour which definitely wasn't enough to take pictures because Edwina kept rushing us and the photographer. We had less thank 10 minutes to take photos on the beach and I wanted group shots of everyone by the water but we only were able to get a few because we had to drive to the Hyatt to get to the Catamaran. But we got PLENTY on the Catamaran I'm sure. So two hours would be perfect!

We went to dinner after the sunset catamaran cruise which is a good thing because the party was on the verge of getting a little too crazy if we stayed on any longer....hehhh. I only sort of remember dinner. We drank alot on the catamaran thanks to this awesome bartender who made the coolest (check out our pics!) drinks I've ever seen! I remember eating the vegetarian chili and loving it because all week I was hating RCCL's vegetarian food and I was so excited to finally really like something!!! Hahaha....

Any other questions let me know! You must be SOOOO excited! I am SO happy that we got married in Aruba and we just had such an amazing week and I'm sure you will too. Hope this helped a little! I'll post a link to the photos from Robert the photographer as soon as he sends them to me.

Laura

Laura

Wow - great photos! I am so glad it went well and was all you wanted! :) You both are gorgeous and I too wish you many more decades of happiness! :)

Laura

Wow - great photos! I am so glad it went well and was all you wanted! :) You both are gorgeous and I too wish you many more decades of happiness! :)

Hi Caroline!

I am getting married on Eagle Beach at Manchebo Bay. I almost decided on the divi, but I ended up changing wedding planners recently and the venue changed.

My time on the beach is a total of 3 hours...going to the civil ceremony first, then the beach.

If you want to chat and share war stories my email is fegan01970@comcast.net

I don't want to chat too much about weddings in the RCCL site. Which I adore :p

I can't wait for the cruise!

I HAVE to be a part of the Newlywed game!

Hi Laura!

Thanks for answering my questions so quickly!! I wish my wedding coordinator was as quick lately.. oh well, I guess I have to learn to take it easy..

You just convinced me of not wearing a veil..

thanks again for all the info, it is very helpful!

Caroline

Archived