Canadian currency for Butchart Gardens Tour?

DW and I live in the USA. On a day prior to our Alaska cruise out of Seattle, we will be taking a one day Clipper Vacations tour of Butchart Gardens from Seattle. We have no idea how much Canadian dollars to get.

Googling the US to Canadian dollar exchange rate, it is currently about 1.005 which means a US dollar is about equal to a Canadian dollar. But how much does lunch run at Butchart Gardens in Canadian dollars? Like does a hamburger cost about $6 Canadian or maybe $21 Canadian dollars? We have no clue!

Are there typically currency exchange booths at the boat dock either in Seattle or in Victoria? Or do we need to get Canadian dollars at the Seattle airport?

Totally lost,

Skyglider(s)

I can not help you with the exact amount but the prices here are generally a bit more straight across. So just bring a bit more than you would at home or...

Use a credit card. You get the best exchange from a bank card.

I can not help you with the exact amount but the prices here are generally a bit more straight across. So just bring a bit more than you would at home or...

Use a credit card. You get the best exchange from a bank card.

Using a credit card sounds like the easiest way to go. Plus no need to exchange left over Canadian back to US dollars. I'll be carring an American Express card and a Master Card. One of those should be accepted (I hope).

Thanks much,

Skyglider(s)

Opps, just thought of something else. Is it customary to tip the Canadian tour bus driver that takes us from the dock to Butchart Gardens? Any other tipping in Canadian $ that might be necessary? (excluding tips for lunch which can be added on the charge card bill.)

I live in Vancouver, BC.

Visa & MC are accepted.

Exchange rate CDN to USA is a few cents below par.

Food & drink prices are the same as Seattle

Tourist places always charge a bit more.

A tip of $5 for 2 would be appreciated for bus driver.

Preferably in CDN but USA is acceptable.

If you can withdraw cash on your Credit Card why not do so at a CDN ATM & have some money for a coffee, pop, tip whatever.

Enjoy

eltigre:)

I live in Vancouver, BC.

Visa & MC are accepted.

Exchange rate CDN to USA is a few cents below par.

Food & drink prices are the same as Seattle

Tourist places always charge a bit more.

A tip of $5 for 2 would be appreciated for bus driver.

Preferably in CDN but USA is acceptable.

If you can withdraw cash on your Credit Card why not do so at a CDN ATM & have some money for a coffee, pop, tip whatever.

Enjoy

eltigre:)

Very helpful info which I'm sure will be helpful to other first time Canada visitors as well. Withdrawing some cash in CDN at at ATM for small incidentals sounds like an excellent idea.

Thanks for taking the time,

Skyglider(s)

Archived