Enchantment or Soverign Can't Decide

We currently are booked on a 5-day cruise on the EOS and I just found out that we could do a b2b on the SOS for less$$, the money isn't really the issue, the most attractive part of this is that we would be able to do a 7-day cruise!!

The ports aren't really the issue as we have visited all of these ports on previous cruises. What I really need help on is the ships, we have sailed on the SOS since its refurbishment but have not sailed on the EOS since it was stretched.

I'm hoping that some of you will be able to give me some helpful insight to help me decide one way another.:eek:

Sovereign is a great old ship. It is leaving RCL's fleet this fall, so from that perspective, you will not have many chances left to enjoy one of the first really big cruise ships. It was built in 1988 I think.

On the other hand, Enchantment was extended and we sailed on her 2 months after she was retrofitted on a cruise to New England. It was a great ship also.

I have been on both in the last nine months and would take a 5 night on the EOS over a 7 night B2B on the SOS hands down. I enjoyed the SOS but REALLY enjoyed the EOS! They have the Solarium (adults only) and is so nice and peaceful. The dining room is two levels and the service was excellent! Plus they have Chops! I also think the ports for the EOS are nicer. I had a cabin on deck 3 on the EOS (did an OV guarantee) and we had a small couch and so much more room then we did on the SOS. Also one of the two pools on the pool deck was fresh water. :p

I have been on both in the last nine months and would take a 5 night on the EOS over a 7 night B2B on the SOS hands down. I enjoyed the SOS but REALLY enjoyed the EOS! They have the Solarium (adults only) and is so nice and peaceful. The dining room is two levels and the service was excellent! Plus they have Chops! I also think the ports for the EOS are nicer. I had a cabin on deck 3 on the EOS (did an OV guarantee) and we had a small couch and so much more room then we did on the SOS. Also one of the two pools on the pool deck was fresh water. :p

Archived