Rental car pickup at Ft. Lauderdale?

JPO

We have a cruise booked from LA to Ft. Lauderdale. We plan to get a rental car in Ft. Lauderdale to drive north to our home. Can this be done at the port? Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks for the rapid replies. My TA thought that there might be rental agency shuttles available at the port. The one-way drop off fee is not a problem.

All major rental agencies have shuttles that will pick you up at Port Everglades, see link to Florida threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

we have used budget twice from the quay shopping center location about 2 miles from the pier- they will pick you up from the pier and or take you to the pier - great service and very convenient-

We also used this Budget and I agree about the great service.

A cab is only $15 with tip to the airport as well, if you don't feel like battling crowds waiting for the airport shuttle. I was impressed with the car rental center at FLL. Maybe it's because I don't rent cars very often. But by filling everything out online, all I had to do at the airport is walk up to a car, hop in, and show my credit card at the gate on the way out.

Have done one way rentals between FLL ot TPA and RSW (ft myers) fairly often and so far have not had a drop off fee with the major rental companies.

That is why I said "may" have.

I am glad because the rental companies make big bucks off these type of rentals. :)

Good to know, so if I rent a car in Miami and drive one way to Pensacola there is no fee?

Just checked Hertz and it is $600 for 4 days (sub compact) one way rental to Pensacola from Miami. Great rate.

May as well fly.

Archived