help!! Dress jeans ok???

dlaf10

Now that I've sailed, I can report on what I saw. Most everyone on the Carnival Paradise was dressed to the 9's. However, I did see some men dressed in shorts and Hawaiian floral shirts going to the Captain's Cocktail Party. I thought they'd be turned away, but NOPE. And, my DD's BF decided to wear a very lovely shirt that is not intended to be worn with jacket and tie. He asked before the cocktail party and was told his ensemble was perfectly fine. It was truly lovely, but certainly not formal.

I made a big mistake on the last night. I went to the dining room wearing flip-flops!! I hadn't realized my mistake until I was walking into the dining room. How could I have done that? My feet were so darn sore from wearing heels on formal night that I resorted to wearing the sandals for the next few days and forgot about it. I normally NEVER wear them anywhere except indoors. I always wear shoes outdoors. So, my aching feet were ever-so-grateful that I honestly forgot to change to shoes. :D :D :D I felt really awkward when the Maitre D' got on the mike and said to everyone, 'You look absolutely MAAAHVELOUS!!'

We are going on Adventure of the Seas oin Feb and was wondering if dress jeans and heals are ok to wear to the dining room on NON-formal nights? I don;t mean sloppy levis but nice jeans and a dressy top????
It's HEELS, HEELS, HEELS! Your cut will heal, but you wear heels on your feet. Sorry, had to be said.

It's HEELS, HEELS, HEELS! Your cut will heal, but you wear heels on your feet. Sorry, had to be said.

Really, why? So, some of us make these mistakes. I don't understand the knead to point those things out. I thought we were not, by cc guidelines, suppose to do that, point out simple spelling, grammer mistakes. Did you understand there meaning (the OP that is). Wear ever I go, it seems that their is someone that has there hare stand on end like a bare when someone makes this kind of mistake. Lettuce us chill and not get so uptight about the small stuff.

Besides, you're last sentence, was that correct grammer or maybe their is a better way to say that......eh?

Did we really need to bring this up again? Did no one notice that this thread died on Feb 5th and should have been left there?

Since there are hundreds, if not thousands, of new posts here every single day, I felt it was okay if I reported in after my very first cruise. If I offended you by posting about something I was interested in, may I recommend that you simply pass this one by?

Thank you.

Since there are hundreds, if not thousands, of new posts here every single day, I felt it was okay if I reported in after my very first cruise. If I offended you by posting about something I was interested in, may I recommend that you simply pass this one by?

Thank you.

Pat, that'll be the day. Not about any certain person, but in general, many, many monikers cannot ignore, pass by, shrug their shoulders, what have you, at a topic they have no interest in or think enough has been said about it.

The self imposed board police who whine about "whiners", who decide enough of a topic has been discussed, or need to point out grammer or spelling mistakes, is so pervasive anymore, that the threads seem to be less helpful and more polar between groups. I can't put my finger on when it started or how it grew to what it is today.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think the sharing of current experiences is more telling of how cruising is evolving then the opinion threads of what is ok. A forum like this is not where I would expect a full balance of the cruising public's opinion. But then again, IMO only.

• 4 weeks later...

"Am I going to be overdressed on formal night with my long black chiffon skirt and matching jacket??"

No, Darlin'!

You will look lovely! You will have a wonderful time and an exquisite meal with interesting people that you would have never met at home!! You will build relationships that will carry over even AFTER the cruise ends. I'll see you there with a hot, strappy dress, high-heels and fake jewels dripping! My husband will be in black "jeans", a nice shirt & will look SMOKIN'!! You'll recognize us by the smile on our faces and the relaxed look in our eyes! To each his own (within reason). Judge not, lest ye be judged!!:eek: Yup! I said it!

Thank you.

I have a question though...why report on what CARNIVAL Paradise cruisers were wearing? I havent gone through all of the past pages but was there a question on Carnival dress code verses RCCL?

I can tell you that no doubt, the Carnival cruisers on the older ships were dressed alot more informal than RCCL cruisers. So it's not a true comparison on how "cruisers" are dressing but how Carnival Cruisers are dressing.

And yes, I do believe that ALL cruise lines are becoming more informal. But some are moving in that direction faster than others. ;)

We have only been on Royal Caribbean 4 times and about 4 or 5 other lines but we have seen everything from shorts to formal wear in the dining room on formal night. Some people say dress jeans are still "jeans" and then they proceed to wear a pair of shorts that look like a skirt. Still a pair of "shorts" right. Can't have double standards. lol Some people wear their old prom gown, some wear a pair of dress jeans and a nice top, others cocktail dresses or evening wear and still others wear jeans. I personally would rather see a pair of dress jeans than jeans/shorts and a t-shirt but it seems anything goes now. Once on our second cruise my husband was stopped at the dining room door and told he needed a tie and jacket to eat in the dining room. We mistakenly mistook the "dinner theme for tonight is Caribbean" to mean dress pants and button down Caribbean shirt. We felt dumb, the theme was for the day, not the dining room. :D He went back to the room and changed into his formal suit. We then went back to the dining room and sat with people in shorts...go figure:confused: The only other time we noticed anyone say anything was a group of college kids on Carnival's ship Fantasy who were stopped at the door and two of the young men were told they needed jackets. They were told but the older gentleman before them with no jacket or tie was not spoken to. Look around they don't actually stand out because you focus on people's faces but you will see shorts and worn jeans in the dining room. Just not too many. I would hate for anyone to miss out on the fun of cruising because they didn't feel comfortable too dressed up or maybe just didn't have formal wear. Please don't miss the dining room experience either.

Thank GOD you brought this thread back to life again!

There wasn't a jeans thread on the front page.

PHEW!

:rolleyes:

Too funny! I didn't read the thread and I am not going to subscribe either, but I popped in here because I saw the last post was by you and I thought, " I like Merion_mom, I'm going to see what she posted."

Thanks for the chuckle. By the way - you helped me out a bunch last year when I was planning our Sovereign cruise. We had a great cruise.

Thanks.

Archived