Cdc Score On Constellation

Retired 07

We are considering a Canada/New England cruise on the Constellation this Fall. I noticed that the CDC score for the Constellation was the lowest of the entire fleet, and one of the lowest for all cruise ships (91)...Should this be a concern? Are these scores on CC up to date? We are relatively new to cruising, (haven't been on Celebrity yet).

We are considering a Canada/New England cruise on the Constellation this Fall. I noticed that the CDC score for the Constellation was the lowest of the entire fleet, and one of the lowest for all cruise ships (91)...Should this be a concern? Are these scores on CC up to date? We are relatively new to cruising, (haven't been on Celebrity yet).

There is a post recently on these boards regarding the latest ratings by readers of Conde Nast and I believe that Constellation headed the list of Celebrity ships; also, the Millennium-class ships are all in the top 10, I think. And that Celebrity was voted best premium cruise line; this has been so for the past several years, I believe.

The CDC inspection of the Constellation was 1/27. You can see the issues found (and recommendations) on the CDC site by clicking on the ship's name. Scores are frequently up and down a bit but according to the CDC, it is scores under 85 that are a concern. There may be a couple of inspections before you cruise in the fall. As you will see, there are recommendations made at the time of inspection so I would figure that they would be followed up.

There is a post recently on these boards regarding the latest ratings by readers of Conde Nast and I believe that Constellation headed the list of Celebrity ships; also, the Millennium-class ships are all in the top 10, I think. And that Celebrity was voted best premium cruise line; this has been so for the past several years, I believe.

Um, what would that have to do with the Centers for Disease Control and ship cleanliness and hygiene?

I was too very surprised at the score... when I was working on the Summit, we received a 100% and a 97% respectively... this was in late 2007...

Below is a link that contains the full report for the inspection and determination for the score.

I have not read the report yet, but sometimes, point are lost due to engineering issues, and not sanitation... you may note in some reports, that point are lost due to condition of teak flooring, peeled paint, and some very interesting items that one would not even look at as a guest, and wouldn't affect the health of the guests either.

I would not worry about the 91%. Regardless, I am sure that within 24 hours, most deficiencies were corrected. When we received the 97% on the Summit, we corrected the deficiencies while CDC was still on board. They were quite pleased and impressed; but still gave us the 97%... ;>/

If you have any questions regarding the report on interpreting data, don't hesitate to ask me!

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/vsp/InspectionQueryTool/Forms/InspectionResults.aspx

We have cruised New England/Canada twice on the Constellation. The last time was October of 2007. It is a fantastic ship with the best crew as shown in the current cruise ship public ratings. If there is a problem, it will be corrected ASAP!!! You will be very happy with this ship!!!!

Post Script......Don't miss Perry Grant in Michael's!! People go on the Constellation just to see his show. This comment has nothing to do with sanitation, but it is a "heads up".

Um, what would that have to do with the Centers for Disease Control and ship cleanliness and hygiene?

Not a damned thing! :D LOL I did not catch on what CDC was until your post reminded me. :eek:I took it for another polling of favorite ships. I actually meant to ask what it referred to, but it slipped my aged mind :confused:as I was answering the post.

Archived