Short cruises, 2/3/4 nights

LibraLass41

Hi

Here in the UK we have short 'weekender/party' Cruises for 2 or 3 nights.

Do you have such things ?

I live 2 hours from Southampton our main docks for the cruise ships. So we quite like them.We leave home at 10am, by 12.30pm we are eating lunch onboard ready to sailaway at 5pm with the usual sailaway band . For about $400 pp you can have 2nights on a lovely ship, with the same facilities as a longer cruise - 2 x 5 course wonderful dinners, see a show , live band, dance etc, plus a day in another country - usually Bruges in Belgium for a 2n cruise. Its a great weekend away, and not much dearer than spending the weekend in a quality 4/5* hotel.

I like them for the chance to look over a different ship that I haven't cruised on, as a taster to see if i would like the ship for a longer cruise.

We have a new ship coming out soon with p&o called Ventura., so I will be going on her 2n cruise in 2008 in September. Cunard lines have a new ship now Queen Victoria (and recently Queen Mary) you can also do 2/3/4 n cruises on them to places such as France, Amsterdam, Belgium and Guernsey. I would like to try those ships one day too, and if I liked them, perhaps sail across the pond to you in the USA to New York !

Do you have these short cruises? If not, would one appeal to you?

Sue :cool:

We have taken several 2 or 3 night Coastal Cruises, when they are repositioning ships to and from Alaska along the Left Coast of the USA. Both HAL and Princess offer them, spring and fall.

It is a great way to try a new ship, and have a quick getaway, but not an acceptable substitute for a two or three week cruise.

I live about one hour from the port in Los Angeles. I have taken two three night cruises and have another one booked. I will not go for less than three nights because of the time spent in line for customs. It is not worth it for two or less nights.

Hi Sue,

From what I have read about how much they pay for cruises in the US they would not look at a 2 night cruise for $400. Far too much.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi Sue,

From what I have read about how much they pay for cruises in the US they would not look at a 2 night cruise for $400. Far too much.

Dai

Dia, talking to a person at work they were on holiday in USA last year with some american friends,they got a weeks cruise for two when they were over theer $500 all in,a bit on the expensive side i thought lololol.

happy cruising

Another advantage, compared with the 14 day cruise, was the comedian.

On a 3-day cruise we had a comedian we had all heard of. He could obviously spare the short time.

On the 14-day cruise we had a comedienne no one had heard of and whose picture was of her in her prime, several years ago, about the same time that Ruby Murray was treading the boards.

Oh, and Welsh too.:p

I live about one hour from the port in Los Angeles. I have taken two three night cruises and have another one booked. I will not go for less than three nights because of the time spent in line for customs. It is not worth it for two or less nights.

Ah, we don't have that problem here. Arrive in check in hall noon, onboard eating lunch by 12.45pm,

Sue:cool:

We live in Devon about 3 1/2 hours from Port and we did a weekender... for OH's big birthday in 2006 it was great... we meet up with friends and had a really weekend party for OH. Some friends were on board already on their way back from a 2 weeker.

We now plan to maybe do a weekender on QM2 to see it..

:)

I shall be going on my first cruise with P&O shortly, and am getting a trifle concerned. Do the previous two posts reflect the views of many P&O cruisers?:eek: I usually cruise with Silversea and Cunard, which tend to attract an open-minded, intelligent, and interesting passenger...

Annie

Annie some people have little or no sense of humour, indeed appear to have had a bypass. Usually they find themselves 'booted' off other cruise sites for the way that they deliberately court controversy and in general stir up great big arguments. :) :D

If you frequent some of the other cruise chat sites you will find out why !

Please do not worry about cruising with P&O, most people are really very nice, the others you can just avoid !

Angie

x

I LOVE short cruises & holidays!!...Would much rather get away 3,4,5 times a year, than one long 2 week holiday.

But, an interesting thing, in regards to this thread...I'm American and my partner is British, and one of our biggest points of disagreement has always been how long we're going to vacation for...He doesn't want to know, if it's shorter than two weeks...And the idea of going ANYWHERE for that long makes me want to pull my hair out,( even places I enjoy going to).

I think we're compromising with a 9 day cruise this summer though...I don't know if this is a "cultural" thing or what, but he just doesn't get the long weekend getaway...But, I keep trying!! :D

I LOVE short cruises & holidays!!...Would much rather get away 3,4,5 times a year, than one long 2 week holiday.

But, an interesting thing, in regards to this thread...I'm American and my partner is British, and one of our biggest points of disagreement has always been how long we're going to vacation for...He doesn't want to know, if it's shorter than two weeks...And the idea of going ANYWHERE for that long makes me want to pull my hair out,( even places I enjoy going to).

I think we're compromising with a 9 day cruise this summer though...I don't know if this is a "cultural" thing or what, but he just doesn't get the long weekend getaway...But, I keep trying!! :D

I think long weekends are great we have at least 6/7 every year, but land based, because Southampton is a long way from Whitley Bay.

However we still have our 2 week cruises and 10 day cruises and 7 day cruises and 16 night cruises and 7 nights in our timeshare and ............ .................................................. ...................................

Dai

Archived