NCL Sun Sangria Recipe . . . anyone have it?

chrisv348

I agree about the NCL sangria on the Sun being excellent!

I remember seeing the recipe posted on the wall at the entrance to East Meets West and the Tapas bar, but forgot to copy it down after the meal (too many sangrias, I guess;) )

I'd love to get it, too.

I'll be on the Sun for the 2/9 sailing. I'll try to pry the recipe out of the bartender's hands for you :D and post it when I get back. Glad to hear that the Sangria is fantastic! My husband and I have some Spanish friends and we are big fans of the Sangria.

Sorry if this is a duplicate message. It doesn't appear that my original posting went through.

Wonderful. There is a framed sangria recipe hanging on the wall outside of Las Rambles. We took a photo of it but I wasn't sure if the recipe was simply for decoration or whether is was the authentic Sun sangria recipe. If it is the "real" recipe, it simply states to use brandy. What kind of Brandy? See if you can do some detective work. Any help would be much appreciated.

From Ron 46936

What is the recipe that is posted?

My friend took the photo of the recipe on the wall and has yet to get the film developed. I'm not sure how clear the picture it will come out and if I will be able to read it. I remember reading it on the ship and seeing a quantity of unspecified brandy. Because there was no specific type of brandy mentioned and the ingredient list looked thin, I kind of thought it might be a fake recipe for decoration. Guess not. Scubagirl, we're really counting on you. In the event you loose track of this thread my personal email address is chrisv348@aol.com. Many thanks.

I sailed on the Spirit but I don't think sangria was offered at any of the bars. I'm assuming, however, that if you really really wanted Sangria they would make it for you specially. The Sun has a small spanish themed cafe/restaurant called Las Ramblas, where they offer a variety of tapas or appetizers daily. This is where the sangria was offered. The more I talk about it, the more I want a glass.

O.K. O.K I will give this up. You can use what ever you have, but, start with a bottle of Cab. or Merlot, add to that 4 shots of brandy, 2 shots of rum, add 3 tbl. of sugar. Squeeze 1/2 of orange and cut up the rind and add to wine mixture, do the same with 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime. the real key to the the Sangria on the Sun is APPLES, APPLES AND APPLES. Peel 2 small apples and dice, add that to the mix and chill overnight. I know its hard not to sample but letting it blend flavors is important. Double it up for super bowl weekend. Enjoy Snowman

Snowman - How did you acquire the recipe? Have you worked on the Sun? I seem to recall a splash of sprite in the recipe. Your recipe doesn't call for soda. There are a million sangria recipes posted online. I've tried many and liked them BUT the Sun recipe was extra special. I just want to make sure I'm getting the "real deal" here.

My father in law (Spanish) makes Sangria for us every summer when we visit. I love that he puts in melon (chopped into bite size pieces).......it is so yummy! It soaks up the Sagria flavor and is delicious. He uses the green honeydew type melons. Add some to your Sangria - you'll love it! I'll have to get his recipe as well....although the one just posted looks great!

It may or maynot be the recipe from Sun, but it sounds good, doesn't it?

I used to live in Spain and we put "Casera's gaseosa limon" in it. (like sprite). It's basically "wine ade with fruit."

We were at a French owned restaurant one Saturday after market day and ordered a pitcher of sangria. I guess they didn't know how to make it and they put an anis flavored liqueur in it. We sent it back !

We will often just drink Fanta Limon (lemon soda) and red wine when we are in Spain. Refreshing and goes drink easy! On a side note, we also drink Fanta Limon mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with beer. Try it when you're there - order a "clara". Yum.

We will often just drink Fanta Limon (lemon soda) and red wine when we are in Spain. Refreshing and goes drink easy! On a side note, we also drink Fanta Limon mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with beer. Try it when you're there - order a "clara". Yum.

Ahh the memories of Espana. My favorite drink living there was "ginebra y limon" :)

As I said you can use anything, on the Sun they give it to straight up but you can mix in Club soda, 7-up or whatever. You may want to cut down to 1 apple and it needs to be small diced. The key is to get a taste of the apple with every sip. Dont forget to garnish with a small slice of orange.