Lawrence of Antigua and Long Bay Beach

csaeroach

Well we just returned from a 14 day cruise which incl. a tour with Lawrence. Loved it!! He showed us everything that I would have had to book two tours on the ship to see. As far as getting off and haggling with taxi's in the pier, then to make sure you're going to see what YOU want to see thanks but no thanks for the extra what $20 we got off looked for that plaid vest and off we went!! When we got off knew exactly what we were going to see without negotiations. Also we ended up being the only ones on the tour as the family that was suppose to join us cancelled the night before. I told him it was O.K with us if he wanted to try to get some more people he said no he only takes the reservations and does not try to get more when others cancel. So we got a really personal tour!!

Roach hate to disappoint you but he's one man and I don't know of any man that can separate himself into three different vehicles so as everyone can hear narration from the owner of the tour company. Also if you had a bad back you should have worked out with people in your group the sitting arrangements. If you've been on so many tours you know that the jump seat is used as seating in the Caribbean. Next time you decide to be the organizer of a tour guess you should tell the owner no jump seat seating to be used!!!! At no one time were we sitting for 3 hours, at most 30 minutes at a time. Like others have said your just someone whom is very HARD to please!!!!

I'd book Lawrence again in a heartbeat and would like to go to thoses Ocean Blow Holes the next time!!!

Lisa

We just returned from taking this tour and had an excellent time. Got to see everything I wanted to see without hassle from the taxi drivers in the pier. Looked for the plaid vest and we were off. Got to all the sites before the cruise line and other cabs got there. He was prompt in answering my emails also! People just a little advice he's a business man trying to make a living for is family if you don't plan on showing up once you've made a reservation email him and let him know. Because this no show without notice affects others in the group as he does wait!

Had a great time enjoyed the beach he took us to and noted that it was even nicer than the beach others had recommended in Antigua. That being Darkwood.

Will be doing Lawrence in future cruises. Thanks for showing us a great time on your Island and the email hoping we made it home!!

Lisa

Lisa - From your post it was difficult to figure out...which beach did you go to? We are going with Lawrence in May and are planning on going to Darkwood Beach...but if you went to another beach...please let me know...gives us a chance to change our reservation.

Christine

We recently visited Antigua and had booked a tour for my wife and myself with Lawrence. His communications for the tour booking were very complete. He was easy to locate (in his plaid vest of the island colors). His van was very new and was immaculate. The tour was extremely nice and he ensured we had plenty of time to enjoy the stops. We included a beach stop which was a great way to relax after seeing the island hilights.

I highly recommend Lawrence of Antigua as he was very professional and we throroughly enjoyed his island tour.

Boy great to hear you all say nice things about Lawrence. He has been pretty upset from the bad post about him. He sure does try his best in whatever he does with his guest. But is guess you can't please them all.

Hope you get to try out the Black Pineapples..Mmmmmmmm.....:)

He took us to Turtle beach which is just south of Darkwood if I remember correctly. Just email him and see if going to Darkwood would be a problem can't see why as they're almost side by side.

Fillmore, I think you meant to say Turners Beach which is close to Darkwood. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

I have emailed Lawrence 2 times, first time almost 2 weeks ago the second time on 3/29. Still have not hear back. How long has it taken for any of you to get a response from him. I know it is a ways off to our cruise, but I have emailed other tour guides for this cruise and have already confirmed with them.

Judi :)

Wadadli Sails, thanks for the correction it was Turners Beach.

Labchick, are you trying the right email. LawrenceofAntigua.com He responded to we within a day or so. Keep trying it's well worth it.

Lisa:)

I have emailed Lawrence 2 times, first time almost 2 weeks ago the second time on 3/29. Still have not hear back. How long has it taken for any of you to get a response from him. I know it is a ways off to our cruise, but I have emailed other tour guides for this cruise and have already confirmed with them.

Judi :)

Just talk to Lawrence today. He mention your post. Maybe you have the wrong email address. Try this one : lawrenceofantigua@yahoo.com

He alway respond back within 24 hrs. Unless he has computer problems.

I had nothing but a positive experience with Lawrence. He promptly responded to all my emails prior to departure. He was right on time (actually he was there waiting for us and our ship ended up changing docks, but he knew where we'd be), wearing his plaid vest, and holding a sign with my name on it - very easy!

He was supposed to have another group joining us from another ship in port that day. They had canceled the night before, so my husband and I got a private tour (at no additional cost). He had a beautiful, clean, air-conditioned van.

He was very knowledgeable about the island, friendly, professional and polite. We enjoyed all the stops and opted to have him take us to Dickenson Beach, rather than Turner's. He was there to bring us back to the ship at the scheduled time -- again, all VERY EASY!!!

Don't hesitate to tour with Lawrence :)

Cory

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Crown Princess last week and our group of 12 used Lawrence of Antigua. He met us on time at the end of the dock and we had a beautiful new bus just for our group. We went to the National Park and saw all the sights including Nelson's Dockyard. Lawrence was one of the better tours I have experienced. At each stop he offered soft drinks, beer and his wonderful rum punch.

We went for a ride through the rainforest and spent a couple of hours at Turner's beach. The food there was very good and the beach just beautiful. We left Turner's and stopped at Darkwood beach to look around and take pictures. Darkwood was beautiful but the eating and restroom facilities at Turner's were much better. Lawrence remained with us at Turner's making sure everything was just right.

Lawrence had a vast knowledge of the island and his jokes kept us laughing. We returned to the ship on time and in a very merry mood after all the great rum punch. I recommend Lawrence very highly.

Mike

We recently used Lawrence on the Crown Princess sailing departed Apr. 5/08. We originally booked Lawrence for an earlier sailing on the Sea Princess in Feb. but changed our sailing to the Crown in April. Lawrence was able to accept us for April and was in contact with us regularly.

Lawrence was easy to find and hooked us up with one of his drivers, George Samuel, who was informative, entertaining & excellent. George's father, Sir Reginald Samuel, designed the Antiguan flag. Lawrence must have had another group as he was always showing up to check how things were and monitored our tour group. We were offered cold water, beer or soft drinks throughout the tour at our stops and were accommodated in our requests for other points of interest.

A very enjoyable tour and a super tour guide. Thanks Lawrence & George!

Just talk to Lawrence today. He mention your post. Maybe you have the wrong email address. Try this one : lawrenceofantigua@yahoo.com

He alway respond back within 24 hrs. Unless he has computer problems.

Responding back and actually showing up are 2 different things.It really stinks when you have a booked tour and he leaves you stranded.

Steve

Archived