Diving in Curacao and Aruba

King Neptune

The diving I did with "The Dive Bus" was shore diving but they also offer boat diving.

I did two shore dives with Mark, the first was with one other person and the second was just the two of us. They were both approx 60 ft dives and Mark was very good at pointing out marine life that I had never had the opportuntity to see before like squid and flying gurands(sp?). He was very helpful with some diving tips and Suzy was a pleasure to work with in setting the trip up ahead of time and also at their location. There web site has a lot of information.

I wouldn't hestitate to go diving with them again if I was ever in Curacao. They couldn't pick me up at the dock so I took a cab but it was only $14 just make sure you get an agreed price ahead of time.

Be sure you set it up with your taxi driver when to pick you up. We had trouble getting a cab back to the ship, even with a phone call. Another couple that had a confirmed time for pick up ended up walking down the way to the nearest resort since their taxi driver didn't show up. We finally just stood by the road and practically tackled one!:rolleyes: -- our only complaint on an otherwise excellent day of diving.

It's great to hear so many good comments about the Dive Bus! We'll have to try them next time. We dove with Hooks Dive Hut in December and were pleased with their service. We made arrangements for the cab driver to take us back and he was outside napping when we finished. Hooks had a van and provides transportation when possible. http://www.cruisedivers.blogspot.com

I'm so glad to see folks are enjoying their trips with Suzy & Mark at The Dive Bus - it was an excellent day when I found them, and it's even better that they let us come back again and bring friends.

We're heading back for Trip #4 in a month on the Galaxy, and are really looking forward to the dives, and the apres-dive festivities and beverages as well. ;) The Serial Cruisers are ready to strike again!

...and by the way, let us know which photos on the website are yours when they are posted.

Wendy

pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

galaxy website

http://www.freewebs.com/galaxy-02-28-08

website

http://www.freewebs.com/wendyandkeith

The Dive Bus sounds like just what we're looking for. We're going to Curacao for the first time, specifically to try out the shore diving.

Did you shore dive at their location, take a boat trip with them, dive other sites with the dive bus, or go on your own as independent divers?

In Bonaire, we always rent a truck and dive independently. I'm wondering if that's the best way to dive Curacao or not.

We'll be staying at the Sea Aquarium Resort. Do you happen to know how far that is from the Dive Bus?

Islandwoman - You're going to be very close to where they are located. Here is a "blurb" from their web site.

"The Dive Bus is based at The Dive Bus Hut, on the beach at Pierbaai, in an area called Marie Pampoen (pronouned 'marri pampoon').

It is right next door to Breezes Hotel and 2 minutes before you reach the Sea Aquarium.

Pierbaai has 2 restaurants on the beach: Seaside Terrace and Surf 'n' Turf. You'll find the Dive Bus Hut on the grounds of Surf 'n' Turf."

The web site has lots of info about where they dive. The best way to contact them is thru the website. It may take awhile (they sometimes have internet issues) but Suzy will get back to you as soon as possible and answer any questions.

Archived