Has anyone been on a Carnival cruise on Mother's Day before?

kwbrad

Hi everyone. I am going on a cruise with my mom on Mother's Day this year. Does Carnival do anything special for Mother's Day? Also, is there an area where I can buy flowers once onboard? Mother's Day is our last day at sea, so I am going to get her a pedi or massage or something at the spa, but thought it would be nice if I bought her some flowers or something that morning too.

Thanks!

Kelli

KWbrad,

My wife and three daughters were on the Conquest last Mother's Day. We actually left on Mother's Day. My three daughters ordered through carnival and had flowers waiting when we arrived in our room. Unless you ask, Carnival does not provide any recognition for mothers day.

I take that back........at dinner, our waiters did tell mom Happy Mothers Day!

The Cruise vacation itself sounds like a great treat and a spa treatment would just be icing on the cake!

Hi everyone. I am going on a cruise with my mom on Mother's Day this year. Does Carnival do anything special for Mother's Day? Also, is there an area where I can buy flowers once onboard? Mother's Day is our last day at sea, so I am going to get her a pedi or massage or something at the spa, but thought it would be nice if I bought her some flowers or something that morning too.

Thanks!

Kelli

FOR SOME REASON CARNIVAL DOESN'T ACKNOWLEDGE MOTHER'S DAY OR EASTER WHEN WE'VE BEEN ABOARD. IF CHILDREN ARE IN "CAMP CARNIVAL" THEY DO MAKE GIFTS/CARDS. YOU CAN PRE-ORDER FLOWERS ON-LINE CARNIVAL WEB-SITE &/OR CALL CARNIVAL & REQUEST PARTICULAR FLOWERS TO BE WAITING IN THE CABIN UPON ARRIVING ON-BOARD. HAVE FUN!

I have cruised twice on mothers day. both times, the mothers were given a rose in the dining room by the waiter.

You can have flowers sent to the room through Carnival, you can even order them online before you leave, or if you dont you can order them once on board at the formalities shop.

Hope that helps.

We are also going to be on a cruise that weekend. Any chance you're going on the Elation also?

Nope, the Ecstasy out of Galveston. We both live in Texas, so she is flying to San Antonio and we are driving together. We weren't all that close when I was in high school (I was a typical teenage girl at the time :rolleyes: and had no time for mom) and we have gotten much closer over the years, especially now that I am a mom as well. So we planned this together as that mother daughter trip we should have taken years ago.

I may just order flowers to be delivered at embarkation, then she could enjoy them the entire cruise.

Thanks for the replies!

Kelli

Our first & only cruise left on Mother's Day. While we waited in line at the port the staff would do a little chant about it being Mother's Day every 15 minutes or so. It was kind of bittersweet because all my "baby's" were at home with my mom. It made me miss them. Then that night at dinner all the mom's were presented with a red carnation. Our waitress ask how many kids we had. We told her 4 & she said I will be right back. She disappeared for a couple minutes & came back with 3 more carnations for me. I thought it was very sweet of her.

Our first & only cruise left on Mother's Day. While we waited in line at the port the staff would do a little chant about it being Mother's Day every 15 minutes or so. It was kind of bittersweet because all my "baby's" were at home with my mom. It made me miss them. Then that night at dinner all the mom's were presented with a red carnation. Our waitress ask how many kids we had. We told her 4 & she said I will be right back. She disappeared for a couple minutes & came back with 3 more carnations for me. I thought it was very sweet of her.

That is so sweet! We will be at sea on Mother's day, at it will be weird because it will be my first away from my son (he is almost 4). Although not the strangest mother's day I have had yet, on my first mother's day ever my husband was in the hospital recovering from surgery (he had cancer and just had the tumor removed a few days before). That was an interesting Mother's day!

We were on the Fascination for Mother's day once and each mom got a flower at dinner. If I recall, some of the shops had some 'mother's day sales' as well, but I could be wrong. I know my DH got me a nice Fossil watch for mother's day that year from the shop on the ship!

Jen:D

Archived