Laundry on Poetry

cosmo49au

Hello,

We have taken the last available cabin, a jr. suite , hope it is nice, for June trip Budapest - Amsterdam. Have read that irons aren't allowed in cabins but what about mini travel irons or steamers? As we are travelling from Australia and spending a fews days in Prague before the cruise, we expect to arrive onboard with very wrinkled clothes. How do others manage? Having clean clothes is no problem as I've become an expert at hand washing during our travels.

Thanks, Meg

Hi. I just explored around the Amadeus site and I don't see anything about laundry services, so you'll probably have to contact them directly to inquire -- unless someone who's been on Poetry responds.

One thing: Any iron, any size, is NOT to be taken on board, please. You may find it best to identify the least wrinkling items in your wardrobe and, before you wear them, hang them all in the bathroom when you take showers to get any remaining wrinkles out of them.

S

We are going to be on the Artistry in late April/early May and were told that there were laundry facilities available, but they are not self-service. The crew picks up the laundry and will have it back usually by the end of the day. Don't know what the cost is, though. Forgot to ask that.

Thanks for the help, it looks as if the travel iron is out but I'll look into the hand held steamer and if that's not acceptable I'll get our Dinner clothes pressed and hope steaming in the shower our every day clothes for 2 weeks will enable us to look presentable. Any one had Jr. suit 303 on Avalon Poetry?

Thanks again, Meg

I put most of the shirts and pants in my suitcases on hangers. That way I can pull them out easily and hang them in the closet of the room or cabin we are staying. Admittedly it takes up a little more suitcase space, but that way the wrinkles aren't as bad. It also makes it easier to pack faster.

Bill

Only planning to take restaurant type clothes for dinning but they will be packed for up to a week in the bottom of our suitcases so a travel steamer is really tempting me and we will be away for a month.

Thanks for advise and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Meg

Archived