Best time for Heli in Kauai

Marie-Claude

I'm wondering what is the best time of day to do the Helicopter tour in Kauai - our friends have a choice of 10am or later in the afternoon 3, 4 pm?

I think the colors might be more intense when the sun is going down as opposed to full noon sun...

I'd like to hear of people who have done it - what did you think was the best time!

Thanks

MC

Hi MC,

We originally tried to get a morning flight, as we heard on the boards here that it was the best time before the afternoon clouds roll in.

However, we had to take an afternoon flight (it was around 2pm) and the few clouds and the shadows that started to appear seemed to add more interesting changes to how the scenery was lit up, and at that time seemed to make the sunny areas and colors more spectacular. Even our pilot commented that he thought our flight was at a great time of day for the sun/cloud definitions in the scenery.

You'll be in awe no matter what time you choose.

Enjoy! :)

Cindy

We flew at 11:00 and that worked out perfect. We were able to eat breakfast, get our rental car, pay for our parking space for the night, then head to Harbor Mall for our flight on Blue Hawaiian. We were able to fly into the center of Waialeale crater. It was incredible! The highlight of the entire cruise

Archived