More Cape Liberty Questions

emsapb

We are booked on the Explorer out of Cape Liberty in July. We plan to fly into Newark the night before departure. Can anyone recommend a hotel near Cape Liberty that offers shuttle service to the pier? Also, will RCCL provide transportation back to Newark airport when the cruise ends?

Any tips about this port will be appreciated.

There is info about Newark on the east coast departure board. We have stayed at the Best Western and had no problems. There are some on these boards that say stay away from it. But like I said we had no problems. The transportation worked out great.

I have not stayed here,but here is a best western

Best Western Newark Airport

Newark, NJ

Distance from Airport: 1/2 Mile

Airport Shuttle Frequency: Every half hour

Airport Shuttle Hours: 24 hours

Smoke-Free Location

Distance from Cruiseport: 5 Miles

Cruiseport Shuttle Frequency: By Appointment

Cruiseport Shuttle Hours: 24 Hours

Hotel Rating

stars.gifstars.gifstars.gif

Rate Description

Pickup at Newark Airport

One Night's Accommodation

Transportation to Cape Liberty and Return to Airport for 2 People

No extra cost for up to 4 Guests in a room, but an additional charge of $20.00 per Person for transportation to the port and port to airport

Hotel Description

Whether you're traveling for business, pleasure or planning a meeting, the Best Western Newark Airport West focuses on what it takes to make your trip a success. Flying out early? Take advantage of our Park and Fly Package where guests can spend the night and park their car for up to ten days. Enjoy the comfort of one of our 75 oversized guest rooms. Each room is equipped with a 27-inch television with remote control, two telephones with multiple dataports and voice mail, as well as irons and ironing boards, hairdryers and in-room safes. Start your day with a complimentary continental breakfast and morning coffee at your leisure from your in-room coffee maker or unwind in our newly renovated bar/lounge. We are located just 1/2 mile west of Newark International Airport and provide complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service. Your business objectives will stay on course with the services of our 24-hour business center. Going to New York? Why not take our shuttle. For a nominal fee we offer 24-hour shuttle service to Newark Penn Station where guests can catch a quick train ride into New York

Unfortuately, the area around the ports (Cape Liberty/Bayonne, Elizabeth, etc) is very commercial and industrial. It is not like flying into resort area/cities like in FL. I don't think there are hotels right by the port however, as you have read from the other posts, Newark Airport (that you are flying into) is pretty close by. I would suggest to google the airport. I'm sure that there are other hotels in the surrounding area. Another suggestion would be to google the Statue of Liberty - perhaps there are links to hotels in the area. The Statue of Liberty is very close to the port.

Sorry that this isn't much specific help. I live about an hour south of Cape Liberty so we have never stayed over night. By the way, if you've never been in NJ before, don't judge the entire state by that one area by the airport. NJ is a beautiful state!

We are booked on the Explorer out of Cape Liberty in July. We plan to fly into Newark the night before departure. Can anyone recommend a hotel near Cape Liberty that offers shuttle service to the pier? Also, will RCCL provide transportation back to Newark airport when the cruise ends?

Any tips about this port will be appreciated.

Hi, we stayed in the Residence Inn Newark Liberty (next to the Jersey Garden Mall). They had a free shuttle to and from the airport.

There was no hotel close to the port, and - other than booking hotel and transfer through RCI - we did not find a hotel that provided free transport to the port. However, the hotel we stayed in organized the transfer for us for a fix price (50 USD). This was great because the embarkation process was very slow and we spent one hour waiting in a traffic jam between the entrance of the port and the luggage drop off (1.8 miles). We still ended up paying only the 50 Dollars. People who took a taxi with a meter ended up paying extra for the waiting time and were VERY upset about the extra cost. Normally the transfer would have been 20 to 30 minutes total.

The hotel itself was great, all suites, they have a pool and a Jacuzzi. Breakfast buffet was good, too, but they only had throwaway plastic and Styrofoam dishes. There is a Ruby Tuesdays in the parking lot but otherwise the dinner options are restricted to fast-food in the mall or buying something at the small 'market' in the hotel and preparing it in your kitchen.

Since we only stayed overnight and left the following day we were more than satisfied with the hotel.

Have stayed in the Best Western and the Country Inn and Suites. Both provide transportation.

The Best Western is not a great location but the the room was clean and the staff and service were great. We had no issues with the transportation.

The Country Inn and Suires is a better location. The room was fine but the staff and transportation left a lot to be desired. The staff seemed unfamiliar with the whole transportation process. Actually ended up paying for transportation that was to have been included. It took several phone calls but I finally reached a very helpful staff member who was able to credit my card for the additional expense.

I would say if you make sure the staff at the Country Inn understands the transportation package that would be your best bet. Prior to leaving just be sure to confirm with the driver that the transportation is being paid by Country Inn.

Archived