Airfare frustration - something that worked for me

MTJtraveller

I have been watching for months for airfare's from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale for my family of 5. I prefer flying on United as that is my regional supplier but would take just about anything. I had hoped to fly pp less than $200, then lowered my expectations to $300pp, and now feeling ripped off was searching for fares to meet my travel needs less than $400pp.

I had found RT from American $360 pp but arrival to Denver was onerous as I need to then drive 6 hours home. But that has been the least expensive for months! THEN, United emailed me a promotion from their vacations website (promo code NEWYEAR) and I plugged in everything and came thru less than $399pp WITh HOTEL(I know it's 5 people...I can do the math but the hotel came to $250/night anyway) so I figured I got my airfare for $350 pp on United (trying to get miles) and a non-stop no less (yea I don't have to fly thru PHI or Charlotte or anywhere else) and we get into Denver early enuf for the drive home.

Long story short...perhaps United Vacations works well if you need a hotel room (they give you the flexibility in number of nights for hotel. The promo code is good thru Jan. 31st...hope this helps someone.

Try airtran. They fly from Denver to FLL with a stop in ATL. Maybe you can catch a sale.

Airfare has gotten outrageous. On our last cruise out of FLL we flew Spirit from Myrtle Beach for 39 bucks each way. This time...we drove..:(

I know someone who flew Spirit air to Aruba over the holidays....her and her family had their luggage lost for 4 days!! And they lost it again on the way back!!

Most often I have seen the vacation package work for last-minute domestic trips where the airfare is very expensive if not purchased at least 7/14/21 days in advance. But I am glad that it worked for you.

John

Archived