Seat that hooks on luggage?

askfrog

Awhile back there was a thread with a link to a seat that hooks on to your suitcase for your child to sit on, well I tried to search for it and can't find it. Does anyone know the link or the name of the product so I can google it? And would it fit a 4 year old? Thanks

Never heard of this, but am curious as to why you would even want this. Especially for a four year old - can't they just sit on the case or the floor? What's the advantage?

This is cute - not quite what you are looking for though:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534413&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85218&subCategoryId=86218

I think this is what you want. Good for up to 40 pounds. I like the idea above better though:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=350760&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85218&subCategoryId=86218

The trunki is so cute, things that do double duty are always good, and it holds more weight. The other one is what I was thinking of. I just don't know if we would use it that much since she is the last one. Same reason I was not wanting to get a stroller but thought it might come in handy. Hard age, not old enough to keep up with everyone else and not small enough to just carry.

The trunki is so cute, things that do double duty are always good, and it holds more weight. The other one is what I was thinking of. I just don't know if we would use it that much since she is the last one. Same reason I was not wanting to get a stroller but thought it might come in handy. Hard age, not old enough to keep up with everyone else and not small enough to just carry.

I agree with rugrats, definatly get a cheap umbrella stroller. For the $14.95 you pay for that strap you can get an unbrella stroller. Heck even the jeep strollers are only $29.

Unless the 4 year old refuses to sit in a stroller. Then that's a whole other battle ;)

We use both the strap for the car seat and the Ride On Carry On. There are advantages to both.

We use the strap for the car seat with our 19 month old. It keeps her strapped in securely, she doesn't try to get up and walk around when we stop, and we have her car seat with us for taxis and the plane.

The Ride On Carry on is also great. My 3 yr old son has been using it for 2 years. He loves it. And he loves the attention he gets from all the other passengers who assume we rigged up a lawn chair on our own. It folds nicely and is faster and easier to attach than the car seat strap. We don't actually use the buckles all the time so he can stand up and sit down when we need him to. We don't bother with the tray/head rest. We just detached that the first day and have never used it.

It's not for using on the cruise... you'd have to cart the kids around with a full suitcase all the time or the kids'/car seat's weight would collapse it. But it's great for going through the airport. We have two small children who are too small to walk through a really long airport quickly. Our double stroller is too big to bring on a trip. And we have carry ons and diaper bags anyway. I'd rather not push a stroller through an airport, wrangle a three year old, and pull carry on bags behind me. So what we did was we used two roll aboards with each child sitting on one. The diaper bag is a backpack. And that was it. We had everything we needed, our hands were free when needed, and the kids were under complete control and transportable.

I'd be happy to answer questions about either or both of these methods. We used both of them on our recent cruise. This was the first time we used the car seat, but we've used the Ride On Carry On a lot.

s318830, what kind of carseat did you take for the taxis. We have a 3 and a 4 year old. This year will be their 3rd cruise, but we haven't taken carseats before because we walked until Cozumel last year. The driving was calm, but I will NEVER put my babies in a car again without a carseat. We were hoping to plan excursions this year because the girls are really too young to walk around all day and too big to use strollers. I am so very confused. Any help you could give would be great!

For my daughter (the 19 month old) we used our own Marathon Roundabout. But I can't imagine carrying a full car seat off a ship for excursions. I probably can't imagine it because we're already bringing diaper bags and other kids stuff. A booster seat wouldn't be so bad, but she still too little for just a booster seat.

For our son (3), we rented a car seat from the rental car company in Miami before the trip, but for Cozumel and after the cruise in the taxi to the hotel we used this vest... http://www.travelingwithkids.com/product_info.php/pName/ride-safer-travel-vest

The vest comes with a head positioner that sticks up, but we didn't think our son would put up with it, or that it would really do anything, so we didn't bring it. Without the head positioner it fit nicely in a carry on bag. It's not cheap, but we think we'll continue to use it for both our son and eventually our daughter when she gets a bigger.

Archived