Cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii

MelissaForrest

Are you looking for a one way or a roundtrip?

You'll find roundtrip Hawaii cruises out of LA on Princess during the Fall/winter/spring and RCCL in October. You'll also find roundtrip Hawaii cruises out of San Diego on HAL and Celebrity in the Fall/Winter/Spring. All these cruises are 14-15 days long.

No cruiseline offers one-way cruises between LA and Hawaii due to the PSA. You'll find one ways from Ensenada, Mexico (2-3 hours south of San Diego) to Hawaii in April/May and from Vancouver, BC in September/October.

Royal Caribbean goes on 15 days from LA to Hawaii then back, with a token stop in Ensenada. Or, if 10 sea days don't excite you, you could do their 10 day from Ensenada to Hawaii then fly back. You have to get your foreign port somehow so Ensenada is often it. I think variations on this theme exist with Carnival and Princess, too. These itineraries aren't offered on every line all the time. Sometimes just at spring and fall season changes. (Kind of like a long route reposition.)

I can't recommend one in particular b/c I'm taking my first in May. We chose to have just 5 sea days and we like Royal Caribbean best for their abundance of things to do on sea days. Only we're doing the one that starts in Hawaii and ends up in Vancouver. The 10 day sailing before us does Ensenada to Hawaii.

Happy researching!

We have been booked on the Radiance since last April, out of San Diego to Hawaii. Based on their web site, it is almost booked. I also saw where an E 1 Category is $ 600 more then what we paid for a D 1 Category right now, and you are on Deck 7. Melissa, if you want to do a 15 day either out of San Diego or Los Angelas you should grab it immediately once they open. It sells out quickly. Our cruise opened up 17 months from cruise date.

Princess, Celebrity, HAL go round trip from the west coast between late September and early May. Princess goes about twice a month, but will be changing from a 15-day one to a 14-day next fall.

RC (not sure if they do any RTs to Hawaii) and Carnival will sail one ways between Vancouver or Ensenada to Hawaii. So you would have to fly one of those ways. And it's not continous (Carnival seems to go only once or twice a year).

I went on the Island Princess to Hawaii out of San Pedro in 2005. It's not a cruise that I would recommend to a first timer, as there is usually some rough seas the first couple of days (there were quite a few people who stayed in their cabins during that time). But if you're a cruising vet and love sea days (which fit my family), then it's a great cruise for you. We were never bored on the sea days as Princess has a great variety of activities.

RC (not sure if they do any RTs to Hawaii) and Carnival will sail one ways between Vancouver or Ensenada to Hawaii. So you would have to fly one of those ways. And it's not continous (Carnival seems to go only once or twice a year).

RCCL does roundtrips on Serenade of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas as they reposition to and from Alaska. Radiance is doing one ways this spring, but is going back to the roundtrips this fall.

RCCL does roundtrips on Serenade of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas as they reposition to and from Alaska. Radiance is doing one ways this spring, but is going back to the roundtrips this fall.

that's good to know. But doesn't RC leave from Ensenada for those round trips?

Cruisen, we usually encounter rough seas on the Mexican Riviera Cruise leaving Cabo, is it any worse then that. We have just found it cold and windy, other then that, nothing to worry about, kinda fun actually.

Gay

Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii oct 11, 2008

For our Hawaiian cruise, it seemed a bit rougher (and longer) than going on a MR.

Princess has a 15 day RT LA (Leaves from the San Pedro port) with a few hour stop in Encinada Mexico to satisfy a 1920 Law on the way back to LA)

We took it this cruise 3 years ago on the Island Princess and leave in 2 weeks on the Diamond Princess for the same cruise...as you can tell we love sea days.

The first day and last day were a little rocky...only the most sensitive to sea sickness had any problem and Ginger altoids and/or accupressure wrist bands helped a lot. DH felt a little queasy but it did not stop him from dinner LOL

The rest of the cruise the sea's were smooth as glass. So much to do on board on sea days...or nothing if you like it.

My only complaint is one day is just not enough time to spend on any of the islands...makes you want to come back and spend more time in Hawaii.

Archived