Compare Oceania to Seabourn

SusanNJ

Has anyone been on both Seabourn and Oceania? My husband and I have been on RC, Windstar, Seabourn and Silversea. Seabourn is our favorite.

It seems that their prices have really escalated and we are looking for an alternative. I saw a great itinerary on Oceania but, wonder if the food and service are close to the upper tier cruises. Are tips and beverages included? We really are not concerned about the entertainment or shipboard activities as we have always met very interesting cruisemates. Comments appreciated. Thanks.

Tips and beverages are not included in Oceania price so add those to get comparable prices. Even figuring costs for everything that is covered on those other lines, you will undoubtedly find Oceania is less expensive.

See the discussion here about the two for one happy hours they recently instigated.

I think you would find service and food close enough to the upper tier lines to not be disappointed.

DW & I have done 5 Seabourn sailings & 3 Oceania sailings. Although the food & service on S is superb, they do allow smoking, which is what turned us off. Also, they have formal & informal nights, whereas O just has "country club casual." Sure was nice not to have to lug another suitcase.

Although S doesn't really have verandas, the suites are large and well laid out. Staterooms on O below the PH level seem to us to be too small.

The big difference is size: S accommodates 204 pax. max while O can handle 684. Both have single, open seating; great food and great service.

For my money, O is the better value even though libations are extra.

Archived