Flight changed, 2 hours later

gypsyrose

What happens when the airlines change your flight? I plan on calling them but wanted to hear what experience you guys have had. We are flying in 2 days early to relax on the beach. We were originally scheduled to land at noon. Now, we won't land till 2. The only other flight leaves at 6 am:eek: and we are an hour from airport so we don't really want to leave that early. If we call and complain, will they put us on another airline or are we SOL? I really wanted to have the majority of the afternoon to hang out on the beach. WHINE WHINE WHINE:mad:

Delta did that to us.....changed our flight until later in the afternoon...we were flying in a day early, but I called them and told them I was going on a cruise and the later flight would not work......ok it was a little fib..I was going on a cruise but the next day. I just didn't want to fly in late in the afternoon because of the reservations we had for our shuttle and Hotel.

They changed all of our group to a earlier flight...there were 14 of us!

They were very nice about it..no charge for the flight change.

What happens when the airlines change your flight? I plan on calling them but wanted to hear what experience you guys have had. We are flying in 2 days early to relax on the beach. We were originally scheduled to land at noon. Now, we won't land till 2. The only other flight leaves at 6 am:eek: and we are an hour from airport so we don't really want to leave that early. If we call and complain, will they put us on another airline or are we SOL? I really wanted to have the majority of the afternoon to hang out on the beach. WHINE WHINE WHINE:mad:

I think you're out of luck if you don't want the 6am flight. I know I wouldn't!:) I don't think they will put you on another airline, but you can certainly call them and give it a try.

Terri

We are in the same boat only we booked though hotwire and I don't think they will change the flight. The times are only about 15min apart but I really want to fly in the day before now since I have heard about people missing the boat due to a flight problem. Does anyone have experience with Hotwire?? HELP.. I'm paranoid.

We always take the 6am flights and we live an hour from the airport...but we figure it's worth it for us because when we went to Disney we got in at around 9:30am and had to rent a car and check into the hotel...by the time that was done we went for lunch and had the rest of the day to hang out. It's worth it to us to get up super early so we don't lose any time on our vacation.

we have a 6:30 am flight for our next cruise, and we're driving 2 hours to the airport. We decided it was worth it since it' s winter and we want the first flight of the day so if there's a problem we have options to not miss the ship... we usually fly in day before, but couldn't this time.

Your basic options are to take one of the flights on the airline you booked OR on most airlines you can get a full refund but then you will be responsible for booking new flights on a different airline - at the current rates.

I know it's early but go for the 6am flight (and I hate mornings!) There's less chance of delay and options for other flights to put you on if there is a delay of cancellation.

Last cruise I booked a 6pm flight for day before the cruise and didn't make it to FLL until the next day - luckily in time to make the ship! I had even figured out when I booked that there were later evening flights if something happened to mine - problem was, they were all booked up from the earlier morning delays so they couldn't fly me out until the next day. :(

Call the airline and let them know you specifically chose your original flight because you are cruising and it fit your schedule. They have to move you. Had this happen to me my last cruise- we were flying in a day ahead, but it's the principle that we booked a particular flight to fit our needs and we booked it 6 mos out. If the airline rep you speak to is unaccommodating, ask to speak to a supervisor, that's all I had to do. Don't take know for an answer. By the time we actually went on our cruise- my flights times changed 3 different times. In the end we ended up with exactly what we wanted, though the return flight was a nightmare-missed connection. Good Luck!

Call the airline and let them know you specifically chose your original flight because you are cruising and it fit your schedule. They have to move you. Had this happen to me my last cruise- we were flying in a day ahead, but it's the principle that we booked a particular flight to fit our needs and we booked it 6 mos out. If the airline rep you speak to is unaccommodating, ask to speak to a supervisor, that's all I had to do. Don't take know for an answer. By the time we actually went on our cruise- my flights times changed 3 different times. In the end we ended up with exactly what we wanted, though the return flight was a nightmare-missed connection. Good Luck!

They will probably move them to the 6AM flight, which the OP said was the only other flight... the OP doesn't want to take the early flight... I agree with you, they are almost always accomodating, but you have to be flexible...

Archived