Room Decorations

Jerrudy

I think the room decorations is definitely worth it. I just returned last week from a 5-night on the Voyager of the Seas to Canada. I was traveling with my two children and my TA arranged to have the Bon Voyage room decorations. They were great....nothing like opening up your cabin door to find the cabin decorated with streamers, balloons, a big wall hanging that says Bon Voyage, and the most delicious chocolate cake that I have ever had. It was a great surprise and really looked great in the room.

Don't bother yourself with having to carry decorations, etc. Have Royal Caribbean do it. And, arrange to have the room decorated before you board the ship...it is a real treat to open your cabin door and find it all decorated.

We left our decorations up for the first 2 days...it was fun!

Enjoy your cruise....and happy birthday to your DH!

When do you sail on the Voyager?

Thanks Adventure Girl, It does sound like fun and what a great surprise it will be, I was thinking of having it done on the day of his birthday which is 2 days after we sail, but I think I will take your advice and get it done before we board, then we can enjoy them for the whole cruise, we are going on a 5-night to Bermuda, May 29. I really wanted to make sure they were worth it and not a skimpy streamer or two.

One more question....Do you know if the cake was included with the decorations or purchased separately?

I believe the cake was included in the price of the decorations, but I'm not sure. You can check on the R.C. website....or in your cruise docs when you get them. I remember seeing the bon voyage package in my cruise docs, but I can't remember for certain if there was a price listed for just decorations....and a different price for decorations and cake...or if it was all included in the same price. Either way...go for the cake....it was really good....and I don't care for cake or chocolate...and I loved it!

I'm thinking of doing the Bermuda trip on the Voyager next year myself....I'm thinking of doing two cruises back-to-back on the Voyager.....I loved not having to pay air fare........maybe I'll see you there!

Have fun.

Archived