I'm coming back to RCI

randrea

I just came back from a 9 day S.Caribbean cruise on NCL Jewel.

The reason we chose that over RCI was the price. We booked a mini-suite for 9 days and it was cheaper than a 8 day D1 on Radiance.

We also got an upsell the week before we left & for $300 pp we were able to stay in the courtyard villa. Let me tell you, that room was incredible! We had two bedrooms with two bathrooms and the private courtyard & perks were great.

All of that said, we still prefer RC to NCL. Yes, the room was great but when it comes to service, food, general layout of the ship RC has it all over NCL.

If I could find a way to put the courtyard villa on a RC ship, I'd be in heaven.

The reason we chose that over RCI was the price. We booked a mini-suite for 9 days and it was cheaper than a 8 day D1 on Radiance.

We also got an upsell the week before we left & for $300 pp we were able to stay in the courtyard villa. Let me tell you, that room was incredible! We had two bedrooms with two bathrooms and the private courtyard & perks were great.

All of that said, we still prefer RC to NCL. Yes, the room was great but when it comes to service, food, general layout of the ship RC has it all over NCL.

If I could find a way to put the courtyard villa on a RC ship, I'd be in heaven.

Royal's ship design is superior to any other cruise line.

We like to hear comments about other lines. We have not cruise on any others beside RC and Celebrity. Mainly because RC was our first cruise and we feel if it's not broken don't fix it. We will be Diamond after our next cruise in April. We find RC to be exemplary with the exception of our last cruise on the Radiance...there were some "glitches" & after an email to the CEO of RC and his response...we are very Loyal customers. I don't think they could have treated our concerns and complaints any better. I can'rt say enough about the level of customer service.

I've been eyeing those villas. Do you have any pictures of them? They look really nice on the website.

I agree. I sailed on Norwegian, Carnival and for the first time two weeks ago, on THE VOYAGER;) . I think that Royal Caribbean will be my first choice from now on. Maybe that is why they call it "Royal". Because we, who are happy with RCL, all feel like we get the Royal Treatment.

randrea......how are you? we were on the bermuda cruise together. how was alaska? i'm glad you posted your comments because lately i've been having the "itch" to try another line. what ports did you go to? and........what's next?

how are randy and the girls?

Hey, it's Cheryl.....right??

It's good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you not too long ago. Alaska was incredible!! We did the helicopter ride to the glacier and rode the dogsleds...it was the most amazing experience I've ever had. We can't wait to go again. We went without the kids and are planning on going again in a couple of years when they get older and will enjoy it.

I was really nervous about changing to NCL for this cruise because we've always had such a great time on RC. Like I said, it was just because the price was right. We had a great time & I'm glad we did it so now we will really appreciate all the extra things that RC does so well. We did a S.Caribbean itinerary which was Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia.

The great thing about having the courtyard villa was the safety issue for me. You can't even get on the 14th floor without your seapass card, they have a slot on the elevator. If you want to walk up the stairs, there is a door that you have to put your key in to get on the floor. After you get on the floor there is another door you need your card for to get into the hallway where the courtyard & rooms are. Then of course, the door to your cabin. I felt much better about leaving my 12yo in the room watching TV knowing that only people with courtyard keys could even get up there. Then they give you a ship phone to carry around with you in case you need anything. This was great for me to have so the kids could always find me when they needed me. I thought that was the best perk of all.

We don't know where we want to go next. We'd like to do the Panama Canal. When are you going? I guess you've cured your dislike of the big ships. I see your going on the Independence.

Laurie, I have a lot of pictures of the room. If you want to email me and give me your address, I'd be happy to send them to you

dreapa@yahoo.com

Andrea

Hey, it's Cheryl.....right??

It's good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you not too long ago. Alaska was incredible!! We did the helicopter ride to the glacier and rode the dogsleds...it was the most amazing experience I've ever had. We can't wait to go again. We went without the kids and are planning on going again in a couple of years when they get older and will enjoy it.

I was really nervous about changing to NCL for this cruise because we've always had such a great time on RC. Like I said, it was just because the price was right. We had a great time & I'm glad we did it so now we will really appreciate all the extra things that RC does so well. We did a S.Caribbean itinerary which was Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia.

The great thing about having the courtyard villa was the safety issue for me. You can't even get on the 14th floor without your seapass card, they have a slot on the elevator. If you want to walk up the stairs, there is a door that you have to put your key in to get on the floor. After you get on the floor there is another door you need your card for to get into the hallway where the courtyard & rooms are. Then of course, the door to your cabin. I felt much better about leaving my 12yo in the room watching TV knowing that only people with courtyard keys could even get up there. Then they give you a ship phone to carry around with you in case you need anything. This was great for me to have so the kids could always find me when they needed me. I thought that was the best perk of all.

We don't know where we want to go next. We'd like to do the Panama Canal. When are you going? I guess you've cured your dislike of the big ships. I see your going on the Independence.

Laurie, I have a lot of pictures of the room. If you want to email me and give me your address, I'd be happy to send them to you

dreapa@yahoo.com

Andrea

We will be doing the same 9 days cruise on the Jewel departing December 26. We went on a 2 day cruise to nowhere out of Boston in December on the NCL Gem and loved it. We wanted to try something different for the New Year so we chose this ship. The Villas are very nice an expensive. They are above our budget so I don't think we will be getting a villa anytime soon. We will never leave RCCL because we love the service that we receive.

Wayne

Hey randrea and cheryl!! Remember me? :D Glad to have you back at RCCL randrea... we have still sailed only on Royal... have been on three more since the explorer cruise we were all on together!! this june my mom and i are going on a b2b cruise... starting on the carnival liberty (:eek:) and switching over to the liberty of the seas the next week. we are so excited!! it will be great to try another line.... i think :)

Thanks for posting.

We originally started out on Royal Caribbean 17 years ago and LOVED it.

We got away from it, oh 10 years ago, as we felt it wasn't the same as it was.

Now we are very excited and very much looking forward to returning. :p

Dagadget & veryhotred,

I would be glad to send you my cabin pics. I have them on my kodak website (never could figure out how to post them here) so if you email me, I can send them to your email address. My address is:

dreapa@yahoo.com

Joe!!!!

It's so good to hear from you!! God, I miss hearing all about your cruise adventures. Have you talked to Katie lately? Are you graduating this year?

Please email me also & get me all caught up on what's going on in NY. We really need to coordinate our cruises so we can hang out again.............I just loved you!! I see you still have the same screen name. What happened to "hot cup of Joe"..........that was so funny.

]

Joe!!!!

It's so good to hear from you!! God, I miss hearing all about your cruise adventures. Have you talked to Katie lately? Are you graduating this year?

Please email me also & get me all caught up on what's going on in NY. We really need to coordinate our cruises so we can hang out again.............I just loved you!! I see you still have the same screen name. What happened to "hot cup of Joe"..........that was so funny.

I will definitely email you!! I still talk to katie... she has to tell me all about the cruise. I am a freshman at pace university in manhattan and am majoring in hospitality and tourism management. i love living in the city... its so crazy!!! I wasn't allowed to have two screen names so i just stuck with this one..... oh well!

Dagadget & veryhotred,

I would be glad to send you my cabin pics. I have them on my kodak website (never could figure out how to post them here) so if you email me, I can send them to your email address. My address is:

dreapa@yahoo.com

Joe!!!!

Great, thank you!!!! Am sending you an email..

Archived