Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

I have no clue how you buy bathing suits from a catalog!! You must have some perfect bodies! Me, no matter what weight I am, I ALWAYS have to try on MANY to find one that I think looks nice....and size....who knows!!

Lesley, From experience I can tell you, you probably don't like the right guys. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with you. Some of us are drawn, for whatever reason, to the not so great guys. Do yourself a favor and go out with someone who you wouldn't think would be your top pick. You may just be surprised.

the guys I like don't seem to like me..

I think that is a universal complaint! :p One day...one will. If it can happen to me...Lord...there is hope for all!! See how things go on Thursday...fingers crossed here!!

any other ideas, or do I just wait this out....

All I can offer is drink LOTS and LOTS of water...and hang in there...it will get better!!! I know the feeling though - UGH!

I have no clue how you buy bathing suits from a catalog!! You must have some perfect bodies!

Man...I so TOTALLY agree! How on earth do you buy a suit online?? (Unless it's just a different color of a brand/style I already own, I'd never dare attempt that!) 75% of the suits I try on I would never buy after seeing them on me!! :o

Smooth, would you believe I do to, and it was nearly a week ago! I am STILL bloating, farting up a storm here and I've been careful everyday since then....YUCK.

Lesley: he has a right to be who he is, regardless of whether we agree with his actions or not..you've got much bigger fish to fry, so move on. He may have had a legitimate excuse and he probably did, I can understand the dissapointment but don't get hung up on it.

Geez.. I still feel so crummy over that chinese food(I am guessing that is why I feel so bloated and horrible). I am drinking a lot of water, back to my normal routine.. any other ideas, or do I just wait this out....

I am with everyone else, Lesley... he probably did you a favor by cancelling.

For you guys getting ready for a cruise, I just got the Newport News Swimsuit catalog, they have great stuff to go along with the great bodies we have worked so hard for... check it out!

Victoria's Secret has about 300 stores with select swimwear. I stopped in one and tried on a few. They didn't have the right colors, or the right sizes (only XS tops; I thankfully needed S), so I ordered when I came home.

As for the guys, I truly think I choose good guys. At least they appear that way. I'm so not into the bad boy thing. My last few boyfriends have been great guys - it didn't work out for reasons like religious differences that we couldn't overcome.

Lesley: he has a right to be who he is, regardless of whether we agree with his actions or not..you've got much bigger fish to fry, so move on. He may have had a legitimate excuse and he probably did, I can understand the dissapointment but don't get hung up on it.

You're right. Like I said, I'll see what happens Thursday. If we go out, great, if not, next!

A week ago? Please don’t tell me I have a whole week to go for this one little indulgence. Today I was becoming worried because since I had my operation I have been careful with what I eat and feeling good and I was becoming overly worried about how I was feeling. You put my mind at rest that this is nothing serious…just a bad food choice.

Auhh, poor Chi… I am sure that sooner or later you are going to find Mr. Right. This is actually my second marriage and initially my husband and I were so complete opposites yet somehow it worked…. We are more alike now as we have rubbed off on each other over the years, but our personality differences still do make for an interesting relationship!

I hope you don't have to go for a week....for me I think it's a compounded effect from the entire day of garbage trough eating (last Tue)..that wheat gluten sugar thing is my problem..and I had honey garlic chicken..which is essentially fried chicken with honey sauce..the big three enemies! I took my "moomie in law" to dinner for her birthday and we split some type of chocolate volcano bomb that came for free...THAT was good but I think it just delayed getting over the chinese food fiasco.

It's funny about my taste buds, things I used to like I could care less for..nothing tastes good to me anymore the way it used to.

A week ago? Please don’t tell me I have a whole week to go for this one little indulgence. Today I was becoming worried because since I had my operation I have been careful with what I eat and feeling good and I was becoming overly worried about how I was feeling. You put my mind at rest that this is nothing serious…just a bad food choice.

Auhh, poor Chi… I am sure that sooner or later you are going to find Mr. Right. This is actually my second marriage and initially my husband and I were so complete opposites yet somehow it worked…. We are more alike now as we have rubbed off on each other over the years, but our personality differences still do make for an interesting relationship!

WOO HOO! YIPPEE!!! YAHHHHHH!!!! WHISTLES, HORNS, ETC.!!! :D I finally reached goal number 1. I got under 130! I am officially 129!!! I am so happy!! What a struggle. But I never gave up...said I would...but didn't and finally it happened!!! My next goal is 125. A lady at the gym today yelled over to me...."you lost ALOT of weight!...you look skinny!" YIPPEE!!!!!!!! Ok, had to share my happiness. Hope you all are having a great day.

Thank you both for the good wishes. To date I have lost 14 pounds since January 21 st.

Dang!!! That is awesome! I dug my heels in on Jan 15, but have averaged only slightly over .5 lb a week. I had hoped to do twice that darn it. :rolleyes: Oh well...I still have plenty of time before bikini weather!

You blew me outta the water girl! :D

Woo hoo! Yippee! We told you it would come off...only 4 more to go now! Isn't it great when people say stuff like the lady in the gym said? My birthday is 1/4, and I started this on 1/5. One of my friends hadn't seen me since my birthday, and when I saw her on Saturday she said "Leslie, you're so skinny:) !"

LOL...I too actually like it when people say I'm getting too skinny...I think those comments stem from jealousy because I am NOT too skinny lol. I love it though, people are calling me "tiny" again:p.

My bathing suits should be arriving today. Can't wait to put them on! Last month during my monthly visitor I "gained" over 5 pounds (that went away by the time it was over). This month I was really careful about sodium and water intake, and I'm only up a pound, which again, should disappear by Saturday. Sorry if this is TMI;):o

Leslie, I don't have as drastic a swing as you do at that time. Thank God!! LOL

I haven't been called tiny....but that sure would be nice. It would also be nice to fit into one of those string bikini's.....but at my age, and after 3 c-sections, I am just grateful to wear a 2 piece with a full bottom.

Well time to get ready to sweat!! I CAN DO IT!!!

Smooth.....I have the weakness of craving a snack after the boy heads to bed. I lie down to watch tv....as I am dead by now....and I crave the crunch. To keep it not so bad I pop popcorn on the stove in a tiny bit of olive oil and then sprinkle with some salt. Popcorn has fiber......and you get to crunch a bit......the fat in it is good fat....so if I have to have a snack, this seems to be the lesser of all the evils.

I try to not eat after 8 pm but if I want a snack I make sure it's under 200 calroies..doesn't matter for me what it is, I just keep it under 200.

In summer I buy an entire watermelon and cut it in chunks but freeze it...it has next to nothing for calories and I feel like I'm eating icecream. Grapes are good for that too.

But I hate it when your mother tells you that you are getting to skinny!

Curious what everyone else does... After dinner does anyone have any snacks, if so what. This is where my weakness is and I am trying to change my behavior.

Leslie, I don't have as drastic a swing as you do at that time. Thank God!! LOL

I haven't been called tiny....but that sure would be nice. It would also be nice to fit into one of those string bikini's.....but at my age, and after 3 c-sections, I am just grateful to wear a 2 piece with a full bottom.

Well time to get ready to sweat!! I CAN DO IT!!!

It's not really a big deal...I know it's temporary due to bloat, not a fat gain. And like I said, I tempered it this month by really watching my sodium and water intake between Sunday and today.

I love the new positive Brenda! It's amazing what a silly number on the scale can do to our moods, isn't it?

But I hate it when your mother tells you that you are getting to skinny!

Curious what everyone else does... After dinner does anyone have any snacks, if so what. This is where my weakness is and I am trying to change my behavior.

Well, I don't really have a "dinner" per say...I eat so many times a day, each meal is probably snack-sized by most people's standards. But, I ate less than usual yesterday...too busy. I had a high fiber tortilla with chicken & cheese about 11 am, and a handful of Kashi cereal after I got back from the gym, around 2:30. At 5pm I had some FF saltines with hummus. When I got home...hmmmm....made my son some rolls with melted cheese in them (my cousin makes the most incredible sourdough rolls...she gives my son a tin every now and then...he adores them! :p ) and I snuck a bite of one. I had errands to run, and Tuesday night is the night we both go to the gym, but last night he had a huge project to do and I was distracting him (he usually finishes his homework by the time I get home, so he likes it quiet!) so I left at 8 to run errands & go to the gym. I got home around 11, he was just finishing homework, and I heated up some leftover pasta for him. I was a bit hungry, so I had some too.

Generally though...I try not to eat after 8. Emphasis on "try". :rolleyes:

Baby carrots with FF ranch, ff yogurt, hummus, peanut butter...these are my usual suspects when I go munchie marching at night. :D

The pound that I was up yesterday is gone. See, no big deal. That's the next step we need to get you to take, Brenda. If you're going to weigh yourself frequently, you have accept that there are fluctuations in your weight. I don't think it's a bad thing to weigh yourself often as long as you realize that it is normal to "gain" a pound one day and be down the next.

Got my bathing suits yesterday and I love them!

Ugh, we're suppposed to get 4-8 inches of snow! Hello, it's March 20...first day of spring! Haven't we had enough this winter?

Tonight is the rescheduled date. Will keep you posted.

Archived