Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Hi all....I just had to share my happy news. I finally had the courage after a few months to get measured at Curves. I got a report card today. It tells me that I lost a total of 16 1/2 INCHES!!!!! Weight loss is 23 3/4 pounds. My body fat percentage went from 34 to 26. I am sooooooooo proud. I can't believe I have come this far. I will never give up....gonna keep trying to lose a few more pounds......that will be my comfort zone. I did buy a really hot dress today!!! WOO HOO!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well......

Brenda, you must be over the moon! What wonderful news, doens't this motivate you to continue on!! See what patience does!

Hi all....I just had to share my happy news. I finally had the courage after a few months to get measured at Curves. I got a report card today. It tells me that I lost a total of 16 1/2 INCHES!!!!! Weight loss is 23 3/4 pounds. My body fat percentage went from 34 to 26. I am sooooooooo proud. I can't believe I have come this far. I will never give up....gonna keep trying to lose a few more pounds......that will be my comfort zone. I did buy a really hot dress today!!! WOO HOO!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well......

Brenda,

All I can say is amazing! The amount of inches you lost is so incredible. I had to read this a few times to make sure I got it right.

Gathina,

You asked way back if I was ever fat! I finally got around to posting a before and after on our Website... Me fat!!

http://www.justcruisin-sv.com/Comp_Pages/Before%20and%20After.htm

Smooth, holy cow! You are the incredible shrinking woman! You are like half your size! how did you do it?

Brenda,

All I can say is amazing! The amount of inches you lost is so incredible. I had to read this a few times to make sure I got it right.

Gathina,

You asked way back if I was ever fat! I finally got around to posting a before and after on our Website... Me fat!!

Just slow and steady and never gave up. I went to the weight charts figured out how many calories I needed to maintain and reduced that by 500 with a plan of a one pound a week weight loss.

I gave up all carbs except what I took in from veggies. This may sound extreme but I just did not have the ability to eat one serving of pasta or bread... I just could not do it so I cut it out altogether. I ate a lot of fish and chicken, which I still do. Ya know there were weeks that I would not loose at all but I never gave into the fustration. I figured if I go back to my old habits I will certainly not loose weight, while if I stick on my new path I have a chance. That was it, that was all I did. I went this journey while in full blown menapause and I know that it is possible to get fit while going through a change of life... Why I take to yelling now and then at my friends on the menapause board!!

Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't believe it myself. I am still so excited.

Smooth....the transformation is amazing. Congrats to you!!!! Its nice to hear that it can be maintained too.....I'm still worrying about that.

Brenda,

Gathina,

Wow Wow Wow!!!!!!!! :eek: Smooth you did an AMAZING job!!! What an inspiration!!! Fantastic...clapping, kudos, and hats off to you, kid!!! I know that had to be hard!!!

Thank you!. When I put these pictures together I myself could not believe I was that heavy. It is interesting the denial we go through before we finally come to terms with it.

Sure Brenda, one can certainly keep thier weight loss. I did find it harder to figure out how to maintain then to loose, it took some gain weight loose weight time before I figured out the right combinations but you do finally figure it out... Nothing to be afraid of!!!

Thank you for the kind words. I couldn't believe it myself. I am still so excited.

Smooth....the transformation is amazing. Congrats to you!!!! Its nice to hear that it can be maintained too.....I'm still worrying about that.

I agree with Smooth...it certainly can be maintained. But if you are like most people, (and I definitely am) it is not something you can ever "forget about". Old habits die hard, and though I have learned how to eat healthy, and in fact learned to eat so many things I never thought I could stand, I still have those "trigger foods" that I just cannot keep around. I suspect I always will. And I know how easy it is to skip a few days at the gym...and how that turns into a few weeks...months...and then BAM!!

It is something I have to always be aware of....every day. That's why I always tell people that any weight loss plan must be something you can follow every day...the rest of your life. It takes discipline, to be sure. But I think you have shown everyone here that you have plenty of that Brenda!! ;) I don't think you'll have any problem.

Well, I'v been trying to lose the 10 lbs that I gained last year for the longest time..seems car accident, flu, stuff out of my control derailed me. I have NOT been eating as much as I used to, which I know is'nt good, and what I do like to eat has no taste to me..suspect it's loss of appetite due to stress.

I bought a copy of the book "Brazilian Bikini Body Program"...it's hard for most people to follow if you are not used to the native foods, but I remember how I ate those foods that I never struggled with the weight so I'm on it for the 2d day in a row..a lot of recipes too which I like. today I had hearts of palm soup and a neat chickpea salad, tonite oxtails and rice (ya, you think I'm crazy!) I also baked an entire chicken yesteday stuffed with limes..YUM. So we'll see if this can get me on the right road. I get so bored with all the regluar foods..salads, etc.

If you've never had hearts of palm, try them..you can get them in the canned veggie aisle or the foreign foods isle..they are essentially the inside of the palm tree..VERY crunchy and tasty, 3 stalks have 20 calories and not too much sodium from the brine. I can eat a whole can as a snack. Sometimes in the US you see them on salads.

I agree with Smooth...it certainly can be maintained. But if you are like most people, (and I definitely am) it is not something you can ever "forget about". Old habits die hard, and though I have learned how to eat healthy, and in fact learned to eat so many things I never thought I could stand, I still have those "trigger foods" that I just cannot keep around. I suspect I always will. And I know how easy it is to skip a few days at the gym...and how that turns into a few weeks...months...and then BAM!!

It is something I have to always be aware of....every day. That's why I always tell people that any weight loss plan must be something you can follow every day...the rest of your life. It takes discipline, to be sure. But I think you have shown everyone here that you have plenty of that Brenda!! ;) I don't think you'll have any problem.

Hearts of palm sounds interesting!! I will look for that next time I'm at the grocery. :)

I definitely like crunchy...but sometimes the flavor is what kills me. I cannot for the life of me eat cooked spinach. Now put spinach leaves in my salad...no problem. :rolleyes: Celery is another one...I can eat it...but I have to force myself to...and I hate the stringiness. Brussel sprouts? No way...no how. And until last year, I really didn't like broccoli either. But I ordered "seasoned veggies" as a side at Outback one night and WOW!:eek: It was out of this world delicious. So I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to cook broccoli so that I like it. It has to be seasoned with some extra "flaovor", and not soggy, but not crunchy raw either...obviously I haven't perfected it yet cuz I've been know to call in an order of just their veggies! :D

I love them..if you like them I'll post a recipe on tomato and heart of palm salad. The salad I made last night had fresh coriander, cherrytomatoes, feta, fresh parsley, a vinagrette and chick peas.

I like to eat water chestnuts too..love the crunch..and no salt..i can eat a whole can..each one has like 5 calroies.

quote=happysinglemom;14971139]Hearts of palm sounds interesting!! I will look for that next time I'm at the grocery. :)

I definitely like crunchy...but sometimes the flavor is what kills me. I cannot for the life of me eat cooked spinach. Now put spinach leaves in my salad...no problem. :rolleyes: Celery is another one...I can eat it...but I have to force myself to...and I hate the stringiness. Brussel sprouts? No way...no how. And until last year, I really didn't like broccoli either. But I ordered "seasoned veggies" as a side at Outback one night and WOW!:eek: It was out of this world delicious. So I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to cook broccoli so that I like it. It has to be seasoned with some extra "flaovor", and not soggy, but not crunchy raw either...obviously I haven't perfected it yet cuz I've been know to call in an order of just their veggies! :D

Broccoli.....My favorite way is to cook it in foil on the grill. I take a piece of heavy duty foil, cut up the broccoli, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. I close up the foil tightly and throw it on the grill. I am not sure of exact time....I wing all my cooking. Anyhow, I do turn the packet a couple times. What I like is when the bottom pieces get a bit "charred". My little guy even loves it this way.

I passed on McDonalds last night with some friends. Instead I ate a salad with onions, cranberries, beets and fat free feta. It was so good and light. I feel great that I did that too!!

Broccoli.....My favorite way is to cook it in foil on the grill. I take a piece of heavy duty foil, cut up the broccoli, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. I close up the foil tightly and throw it on the grill. I am not sure of exact time....I wing all my cooking. Anyhow, I do turn the packet a couple times. What I like is when the bottom pieces get a bit "charred". My little guy even loves it this way.

I passed on McDonalds last night with some friends. Instead I ate a salad with onions, cranberries, beets and fat free feta. It was so good and light. I feel great that I did that too!!

Never thought of cooking it on the grill, but that sounds really good. I will try it this weekend. Good for you on McDonalds! I think the last time I ate there was a few months ago during a shopping marathon. :p I was starving, and getting weak, so I knew I HAD to eat...but the food court had miserable choices. McDonalds used to be a regular in my diet (probably ate there once a week) so I know the calories and WW points by heart, and if I am on the go, and really hungry, I don't have a problem with grabbing a burger (not the big ones...no big macs - just regular size!) there. But generally, I just don't frequent those places anymore. ANd I don't even miss them. ;)

I was rewarded for not going to McDonalds. After at least a 6 week plateau of 121 I am 120!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! You have no idea how good I feel that I had willpower last night. It was definitely worth it!!!

I cook EVERYTHING on the grill. Its so yummy. Onions and peppers are one of my favorites directly on the grill. The smell of them cooking is amazing. I can even make a pizza on the grill......of course, I am trying to avoid pizza right now. LOL

I did that recently and threw up..NEVER again..just like I haven't had the chinese food since that last fiasco.

I ate the rest of my palm hearts last night when I was craving something late. I am liking this brazilian bikini body program...reminds me of all my old childhood foods...this morning I had a smooth with acai pulp, a teaspoon of peanut butter, 1/4 cup soy milk and a banana..I wasn't hungry again until 12

Never thought of cooking it on the grill, but that sounds really good. I will try it this weekend. Good for you on McDonalds! I think the last time I ate there was a few months ago during a shopping marathon. :p I was starving, and getting weak, so I knew I HAD to eat...but the food court had miserable choices. McDonalds used to be a regular in my diet (probably ate there once a week) so I know the calories and WW points by heart, and if I am on the go, and really hungry, I don't have a problem with grabbing a burger (not the big ones...no big macs - just regular size!) there. But generally, I just don't frequent those places anymore. ANd I don't even miss them. ;)

I did that recently and threw up..NEVER again..just like I haven't had the chinese food since that last fiasco.

Never a problem eating hamburgers for me...unfortunately!! :D I love them...always have. Don't eat them often though...and rarely at a fast food joint. Burgers on the grill are hard to beat, for me! :o

I was rewarded for not going to McDonalds. After at least a 6 week plateau of 121 I am 120!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! You have no idea how good I feel that I had willpower last night. It was definitely worth it!!!

I cook EVERYTHING on the grill. Its so yummy. Onions and peppers are one of my favorites directly on the grill. The smell of them cooking is amazing. I can even make a pizza on the grill......of course, I am trying to avoid pizza right now. LOL

WOW!! Man I know that feels GOOD!!! Wish I could join you...but I think I was born weighing more than that!! :D :D

So funny, but because of my weight loss...FINALLY.....I was motivated to have a salad for dinner again tonight. I feel the teens just around the corner! Its gonna be a huge party then!!!!

Unfortunately, I LOVE burgers too.....uggghhhhh

This is kinda weird..but I sorta envy you guys for the hamburgers..I had one a couple months ago but didn't taste the way it used to..sorta like a big letdown..! I had a hotdog on Sat at a picnic,the first one in two years!! Ihaven't missed much! But on the other hand, i could eat a whole bag of chips with NO remorse!

So funny, but because of my weight loss...FINALLY.....I was motivated to have a salad for dinner again tonight. I feel the teens just around the corner! Its gonna be a huge party then!!!!

Unfortunately, I LOVE burgers too.....uggghhhhh

OK Guys....this is it......I can't stop jumping around. I have FINALLY DONE IT!! I am officially in the teens. 119!!!! That's right! I have tears and everything. I never truly believed I could do it. Next goal....115. Wish me luck!!!!!

Brenda, when are you going to post some before and after pics??!!!

Forgot to ask you several posts ago..why are you afraid of gaining the weight back?

OK Guys....this is it......I can't stop jumping around. I have FINALLY DONE IT!! I am officially in the teens. 119!!!! That's right! I have tears and everything. I never truly believed I could do it. Next goal....115. Wish me luck!!!!!

I don't really have any before and after pics. I thought about why I didn't take any and its really unfortunate. I am just not a picture person. Even if I did have pics, I have no clue how to do it. LOL

I guess I'm afraid of gaining the weight back because I haven't been in this new lifestyle long enough to be comfortable that I will be OK and not gain any weight back. I still think about everything I am going to eat and how it is going to affect me, etc. I like the way I look and I never want to feel self conscious and fat again. I walk a different way, etc. The confidence is there. So its not just a physical thing that happened to me.....I love putting on my 2 piece bathing suit and feeling confident......I don't want to have that feeling of hating myself all over again. The past 3 days I have been super careful with the new wieghtloss, etc. I don't want to mess this up!!!

Well, I think it's a good thing you are scared. People gain weight back because they think they can go back to their old habits. The reality is, you'll never be able to eat the way you used to. That's what got you overweight so you have to keep the new habits.

I don't really have any before and after pics. I thought about why I didn't take any and its really unfortunate. I am just not a picture person. Even if I did have pics, I have no clue how to do it. LOL

I guess I'm afraid of gaining the weight back because I haven't been in this new lifestyle long enough to be comfortable that I will be OK and not gain any weight back. I still think about everything I am going to eat and how it is going to affect me, etc. I like the way I look and I never want to feel self conscious and fat again. I walk a different way, etc. The confidence is there. So its not just a physical thing that happened to me.....I love putting on my 2 piece bathing suit and feeling confident......I don't want to have that feeling of hating myself all over again. The past 3 days I have been super careful with the new wieghtloss, etc. I don't want to mess this up!!!

So Brenda, now that you are in the teens, what is your ultimate goal? You are probably close to it now. This is something you have to start thinking about and mentally preparing for.... Hear is what I mean....

I am at 115 and yes I have figured out how to do it. If I wanted to I could continue to loose weight but just because I can does not mean I should. There comes the point when loosing more weight no longer make you look better or healthy for you. You need to know when to stop. You have found what it is like to work hard for something and see the tangible results, have found out how great it feels when people tell you how good you look. At first you are going to miss this feeling.

So now you still will have to be careful, give up some things you may want and there will be no scale change, no apperance change and at first it is a letdown. You will find it is harder to keep yourself motivated to maintain weight loss than to loose weight because you no longer have that "Yes, I did it feeling". Now, you need to determine when you will stop loosing weight and find diffferent ways to motivate yourself. You have to get use to feeling OK by adding calories so when you continue to work out you will not loose weight.

I absolutley understand all these feelings and your fears. To get past this, now, you need to pick you perfect weight, plan on "stop" loosing weight and ways to keep motivaing yourself without having these tangible results to keep you going. I would certainly start to think about these things now.

Archived