Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Hi gals, well, I am back from a life changing vacation in Jamaica! I met all of my future extended family..oh my, LOVELY, humble, simple people! The "aunt and uncle" that I stayed with owned a small restaurant.."Lollipop's homestyle cooking"..I was spoiled! I don't FEEL thinner, but I ate all my meals there..would you believe almost every morning I had fresh steamed fish (whole fish, not filleted!) and vegetables such as pumpkin, yam, callaloo (like a spinach) and steamed cabbage! Aunt Lollipop had a noni tree, juneplum, banana, and mango trees in her yard and she taught me all kinds of wondreful herbal remedies, how to make noni juice,etc. Everyday was like an adventure for me even though we were in the country. The most fattening thing I had was homemade rum and raisen icecream..oh my..they didn't shy on the rum either. I was so humbled by how hard Aunt Lollipop and her ladies worked in that restaurant..back breaking work from 6am until 11 pm 6 days a week. We went to the milk river bath and soaked for a while, that was great too. I didn't get in any exercise but I sure got the rest I needed. I was so sad to leave them and my "new family" has already called me 3x since I got back tonight.

Ok.back to the regime! Who is on a cruise this week??

M....Welcome back!! Your trip sounds fabulous. I was imagining what it would look like as I was reading.....very very relaxing. Good for you!!!

My bruises are soooooooooo much lighter. My right leg are practically gone except one tiny spot and my left leg has some bruising, but it is very light now. By the end of my cruise it will probably be gone. I'm just glad its not that deep purple almost black color I had in the beginning. Now I just look clumsy instead of badly beaten. :eek: We are leaving on Saturday morning. I have most things together......need to get the bug spray out...forgot to pack that and I just read about an outbreak on St. Maarten.....even though I am not going there, I want to be safe.

Brenda, it was SOOO hot in Jamaica..and HUMID..I don't know if it was like that in the rest of the Carribean, but my regular clothes for Florida were even too hot.

Yep..it was relaxing..but I woke up this morning missing having fish for breakfast!! LOL I didn't weigh myself but my clothes are already looser, I think some of the spices had a lot of sodium in them anyway.

Have a great day, al!

M....Welcome back!! Your trip sounds fabulous. I was imagining what it would look like as I was reading.....very very relaxing. Good for you!!!

My bruises are soooooooooo much lighter. My right leg are practically gone except one tiny spot and my left leg has some bruising, but it is very light now. By the end of my cruise it will probably be gone. I'm just glad its not that deep purple almost black color I had in the beginning. Now I just look clumsy instead of badly beaten. :eek: We are leaving on Saturday morning. I have most things together......need to get the bug spray out...forgot to pack that and I just read about an outbreak on St. Maarten.....even though I am not going there, I want to be safe.

Thanx...forgot to tell you guys that my friend was on the way to the airport to pick me up (in MY car..the one that I had the severe accident in April) and was in a hit and run..the vehicle that hit him was stolen and they haven't found the driver. He has neck and back injuries. I feel horrible for him. What a way to end a great vacation. By time I got home, it was 9 pm and I had a 12:30 landing..we went to the hospital, saw a lawyer, did the insurance thing, etc. My car was completely totaled. The insurance paid the loan off but stupid me didn't purchase the gap insurance so now I am at zero. A friend gave me an older BMW, it's in perfect shape and my mechanic gave it the heads up. I am going to use that and take my time buying another car, I hate the stress of buying a car!

A happy note..my sweetie phoned me from Japan and he is going to a conference in FLA at a military base so I can be with him for 3 days , Nov. 18-20!

Been busy here - Halloween is an all day affair for us, and yardwork, etc...but just wanted to say welcome back M - sounds like you had a wonderful time!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a really really loud scream. I gained 10 pounds on my cruise. Yep, that's right. I never gained that much in the past....so I guess I will be at the gym alot this month!!! UGGGHHHH.....honestly, it was worth every pound......I had a blast.

First off all Brenda, I hear you!!

Trust me, this is just temp. it will come off fast. But, onto more important stuff... There was a point that I was pretty skinny, I guess almost to dangerous levels. I would be at the gym 2 hours a day, no carbs...blah, blah ,blah...

Over the past few months I have come to terms that super skinny is not always good, and more important my weight does not say a hell of a lot of who I am on the inside... Sure, I am still health conscience, but I no longer let it drive me crazy or decide if I am good or not based on a scale.... This is a stretch for me and in the end I ended up happier....

This week-end we competed, where too bad, sometimes your physical apperance dictates scores. A good 10 pounds more I took to the floor with full confidence that I am just fine as I am.... Here is the Youtube.... I look happy, no??

Is my birthday today, Nick is making his famous pasta dish for dinner for me... Not worried about the extra calories.... Ahhh, what we learn along the way....Went on a bit, just needed to say it. We all reach our own place in time.

Happy Birthday Smooth! enjoy your day!

Brenda, don't worry about the weight. It is probably mostly water from the change in eating, maybe some extra drinks?

I plan on gaining a few, when I get home I will go back to my normal routine, the weight will come off.

I wouldn't do any extra gym hours. You don't want your body to get use to 2hrs (that's an example) if you can realistically only put in 1 in your normal life.

That's also why I could not do a no/low carb. I know I can't go forever on it so I just cut back on my portions. Eat healthy most of the time but remember to enjoy life and sometimes food is a part of that enjoyment.

Glad that you had a great time on your cruise!

Kelly

Smooth, happy belated birthday. Pack a sweater and socks for Florida..it was like 45 degrees this morning and it's only going to get to 70 today, which is freezing for me. Don't care what people on the fashion board say..we DO wear socks and hose here, and we DON'T wear white all year round and freeze to death!

Brenda: Glad you had fun. Don't worry about the weight gain. It was probably all the sodium and chemicals in the food causing you to retain water. I could understand gaining 3 or 4 lbs on a cruise, but 10? I am sure you didn't eat nonstop to gain that weight, so it must be something else. There is this cleansing tea I drink called "Dieter's Tea" which will definatley clean you out..but you have to take it on a day you are close to the toilet and at home! And it's really only to reduce the bloat.

I am leaving for Cocoa Beach tomorrow to see the darling boy. He already picked a fight with me which is the usual MO for when he's on the way home, then he picks one just before he goes back!

One more week to go and we leave for our cruise... I sure hope I dont come home with 10 pounds!! But Brenda, you are loosing that extra weight quickly.

I am now 6 pounds up. I lost 4 since I have been home. I think a couple more may come off easily too.

Good - hopefully it's more the sodium and water weight than anything. I can't imagine gaining 10 pounds in a week's time, so I am betting it will come off fast.

I am gritting my teeth and getting back seriously working on this last 10 or so pounds that I never seem to lose. I am having such a problem with the salty snacks...grrrrr!!!! I absolutely want this 10 pounds GONE before skiing!!! :mad:

Gathina, where is your honey serving right now? I am sure you've said before but my premenopausal memory is taking a break right now. A book I read and recommend for those with loved ones serving in Iraq or Afganistan is. "Down Range - to Iraq and Back" by Bridget C. Cantrell and Chuck Dean. It helped me to have some insights into what to expect when DH came home from Iraq. He went with a unit from Seattle and we live in Wisconsin. So I did not have access to briefings/talks... frg stuff. DH was with a combat stress control unit and they recommended the book.

I hope you both have a good visit and enjoy your time together.

I'll be leaving in 12 days for our cruise! Saying I am excited does not even express how I feel. We always do a pre & cruise weigh in so I'll let you know how that goes.

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I put on a pair of pants that I had not worn in awhile. They were always just alittle tight. Yesterday they fit so good! Better than when I bought them! That was great since the scale is so up and down from water/bloat depending on where or what I've eaten.

Happy, I think those 10 are the worst to get rid of! But if you keep at it they will go. I kept telling myself that the alternative was to quit and gain more and be more miserable with myself. Wearing those pants yesterday was a huge payoff! I am so glad I did not quit!

Kelly

Gathina...I hope you both have a good visit and enjoy your time together.

I second that!

Happy, I think those 10 are the worst to get rid of! But if you keep at it they will go. I kept telling myself that the alternative was to quit and gain more and be more miserable with myself. Wearing those pants yesterday was a huge payoff! I am so glad I did not quit!Kelly

Thanks. :) I'm not quitting - I'll get rid of them, darn it. I refuse to be beaten! :p

Archived