Comments that give me a chuckle

marysb

There have been a number of reviews I have read where people make some rather silly sweeping comments and I have to laugh. Here are 2 of my favourites.

1. "NCL food is like eating at Denny's or Appleby's". Wow, where are those restaurants? I have never seen a Denny's with linen tablecloths, numerous waiters at my table in suits and ties, lobster, nice music, etc, etc. ...Not even a close comparison, and as far a quality goes...again I fail to make the connection.

2. "They serve the same thing at breadkfast EVERY day". That's because they serve everything you could think of for breakfast every day. If you eat the same thing every day that is your fault, not the cruise line. lol

Anyone have any more???

Anyone have any more???

Fun thread!

My favorite is "there were tons of people wearing ripped jeans in the DR".

I can't remember the last time I saw someone in the real world wearing ripped jeans (1988 perhaps) let alone on a cruise ship!!!! While I don't doubt that there are ripped jeans spottings that are legit, I don't believe that it is an epedemic:D

Also, I can honestly say that I have never encountered a carpet that was worn enough to put a damper on my trip:D (and I've been on some pretty old ships!)

I did have a hard time finding donuts. They did have cinnamon rolls and blueberry muffins, and other continental items. I did not see any buttermilk bisquits and/or sausage gravy for breakfast.

What the heck is sausage gravy?????? It sounds revolting!

I wouldn't mind seeing poutine on the menu for lunch, but I doubt that's happening anytime soon!

Fun thread!

My favorite is "there were tons of people wearing ripped jeans in the DR".

I can't remember the last time I saw someone in the real world wearing ripped jeans (1988 perhaps) let alone on a cruise ship!!!! While I don't doubt that there are ripped jeans spottings that are legit, I don't believe that it is an epedemic:D

Also, I can honestly say that I have never encountered a carpet that was worn enough to put a damper on my trip:D (and I've been on some pretty old ships!)

There WERE a lot of people wearing ripped jeans in the DR on our cruise 2 years ago. The ship was filled with Spring Breakers so you know the age range. I'm sure the were wearing $200 ripped jeans but very strategically ripped they were. Didn't make or break my cruise....it was just an observation :) On the other side, there were also a lot of beautifully dressed Spring Breakers in the DR.

Oh, Darn it Don!! Do they have grits?:p

You laugh, but yes, they have grits and they are fabulous!!!!! I don't get them much up here in New England and I try to stay away from real bacon at home, so all year I look forward to mixing NCL's super crispy bacon into my grits on my cruise! Yum!!! A real treat.

I saw a thread where a woman complained that " The sound of the water kept her up all night "LOL :eek: Oh dear god... The Grand Canyon might have worked out better.

Now that one really did make me laugh out loud. I fantasize about the sound of water all year long and she is complaining about it!?!?!?!

There WERE a lot of people wearing ripped jeans in the DR on our cruise 2 years ago. The ship was filled with Spring Breakers so you know the age range. I'm sure the were wearing $200 ripped jeans but very strategically ripped they were. Didn't make or break my cruise....it was just an observation :) On the other side, there were also a lot of beautifully dressed Spring Breakers in the DR.

Wow now I feel really old:D I didn't realize ripped jeans were back in! Were you a spring breaker or just happen to be on the cruise??? I've always wondered what it's like to be on a spring break week cruise???

I just remembered this one. It wasn't a complaint. It made me laugh out loud at the response she got from someone.

She said her husband sleepwalked and they had a balcony stateroom.

She was afraid he was going to sleepwalk and open the balcony and fall overboard.

Someone respond to her and said you better put a life jacket on him before you go to bed.

When I saw that response I almost loss it.:D

Love sausage gravy' date=' but what the heck is poutine????[/quote']

a staple here and in Quebec. Even some fast food restaurants have it on the menu as a 'regional' item.

You can look at it two ways 1. food of the gods or 2. heart attack on a plate.

Fresh cut french fries, covered with cheese curds (fresh cheese, very mild yum yum) and covered with real gravy (not that sauage kind!!LOL). I tried to add a photo, so we will see what happens.

Oh yeah, and what are grits made from??

poutine.jpg.202ca4be1ad17aafff9dc71389b8647a.jpg

Poutine...it's nasty but it tastes great!!!. French firies and gravey with grated cheese on top!!

Sya what you want about the spring breakers, -they sure clean up well at dinner...the girls look gorgeous in their new little dresses and the military uniforms on formal night....pretty nice.

I just remembered this one. It wasn't a complaint. It made me laugh out loud at the response she got from someone.

She said her husband sleepwalked and they had a balcony stateroom.

She was afraid he was going to sleepwalk and open the balcony and fall overboard.

Someone respond to her and said you better put a life jacket on him before you go to bed.

When I saw that response I almost loss it.:D

That has got to be one of the funniest responses ever!!

Archived