Comments that give me a chuckle

marysb

ACtaully one of the funniest I heard had nothing to do with cruising: I was working in guest relations for a major hotel company. A gentleman?, called and demanded his money back after spending a week in a beach front hotel. His reasoning, he had booked and paid for an ocean view room and because it rained all week they never saw the ocean.

Nita

People need to understand that no vacation is perfect.....a co-worker just got back from a 7 day cruise on NCL Spirit and she said the 1 st she overheard some ladies that were heavy complaining because the stalls were too small and NCl needed to be more considerate to heavy peoples size.....she said it made her so mad and she wanted to ask them what public bathroom stalls are larger because theses where the same size as the ones she's ever been to....

She there was always one person complaining over something stupid....

I just don't understand these people.....I'm not at work.I don't have to cook or clean and things happen,but nothing is going to ruin my vacation.

My sister used to work as a purser on an east coast ferry and was stopped by a passenger who wanted to know which side of the ship he should be on to see the water. It was hard for her to explain to him (without laughing) that he could see the ocean from either side.

My favorite complaints:

1. people who include a weather report in their review and hold the cruiseline responsible for rough seas or rain. "I paid good money for this cruise and then it RAINED...never sailing on that line again"

That's why I make it a point of paying bad money for each cruise.:D

What a lovely read! Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

On the Star last month, shortly after we boarded (hadn't been to our cabin yet) we went to the buffet, and just before we got to the carved meat station, there were three baskets of assorted breads and rolls. Two were empty and a server was just grabbing them to go and refill them. I wasn't interested in the torpedo style rolls in the remaining basket, so I thought I'd wait for new ones. There was a woman ahead of me in line who also appeared to be waiting. I asked her, 'Are you waiting for rolls?' and she said, 'Yes.' I looked ahead and saw two or three people were waiting for carved meat so I smiled and said, 'Well, it looks like people are waiting for meat anyway, so we're not holding anyone up,' and she proceeded to scoff and say, 'Well you'd think that with three baskets, SOMEONE would have noticed they were empty!' I chose not to point out that there was still one full basket (albeit with rolls that didn't appeal to either of us), instead saying, 'Well, it's very busy... these things happen...' and she turned and looked at me like I had antlers growing out of my forehead and said, 'No, I've cruised this line before, and I can see NOTHING has changed.' At that point, I knew that in order to preserve my sanity that I needed to just get away from her and come back for a roll later... I couldn't help but wonder, if that was her attitude within an hour of boarding, how could she possibly have an enjoyable cruise? Yikes!!

What a lovely read! Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

On the Star last month, shortly after we boarded (hadn't been to our cabin yet) we went to the buffet, and just before we got to the carved meat station, there were three baskets of assorted breads and rolls. Two were empty and a server was just grabbing them to go and refill them. I wasn't interested in the torpedo style rolls in the remaining basket, so I thought I'd wait for new ones. There was a woman ahead of me in line who also appeared to be waiting. I asked her, 'Are you waiting for rolls?' and she said, 'Yes.' I looked ahead and saw two or three people were waiting for carved meat so I smiled and said, 'Well, it looks like people are waiting for meat anyway, so we're not holding anyone up,' and she proceeded to scoff and say, 'Well you'd think that with three baskets, SOMEONE would have noticed they were empty!' I chose not to point out that there was still one full basket (albeit with rolls that didn't appeal to either of us), instead saying, 'Well, it's very busy... these things happen...' and she turned and looked at me like I had antlers growing out of my forehead and said, 'No, I've cruised this line before, and I can see NOTHING has changed.' At that point, I knew that in order to preserve my sanity that I needed to just get away from her and come back for a roll later... I couldn't help but wonder, if that was her attitude within an hour of boarding, how could she possibly have an enjoyable cruise? Yikes!!

I know what you mean. Last year on a Celebrity ship, I was behind an elderly lady in the buffet who was having her tray carried by one of the wait staff. It was quite crowded, but he found her a table towards the aft, seated her and placed her food on the table and was taking the tray way when she said "this food is cold, go back and get me more just like it". I couldn't believe my ears. I had walked the same distance, and there was no way that her food was inedibly cold. It was a bit of an awakening for me as I had no idea that some people had such unrealistically high expectations of service. It is no wonder that they find things to complain about because you would never be able to keep them satisfied.

My favorite was from an NCL basher on this board who posted how he hates the line but sails them every few years just so that he can validate his position that the other lines are better. (at first I was puzzled then I started laughing)

That comment was dumber than a sack of rocks! Sort of like saying "getting poked in the eye hurts, so I do it every couple years just to prove to myself it still hurts"

Other bits of wisdom like that eventually earned him a spot in my ignore file. Even when someone is there you can still see when they post but not what they post. I see he's become extremely active recently, so is probably planning another 'validation' cruise.

=================

Another good one was on my last cruise (not on the boards). A guy we sat with at dinner on the last night complained how he hated everything he had eaten but needed to buy a new belt because he had gained so much weight (also complained that there were no belts in the gift shop)

Archived