Movies on Disney Wonder

jnnifer01

I've heard that Disney plays new movies on their ships (movies that are still in theaters). Is this true?

Also, what does the ship's movie room look like- is it configured like a real movie theater, including popcorn? I was just wondering if it's similar to a trip to a movie theater on land.

If I remember correctly, the movies are sometimes shown in the same room as the production shows run and also in the smaller theater. You can buy popcorn outside from a snack bar. They will be showing recent and current Disney movies in the theater and also on the TV. When a Disney movie is scheduled to premier during a cruise, they will usually show that movie on premier night on the cruise as well. You can call the cruise line close to your cruise and get a list of the current movies on board.

We haven't sailed since 2001, but we loved the late night movies (some of them 1st run) in the theater.

Yes it is very much like a land theater (without a lobby)

Unless things have changed there was no popcorn in there.

What was nice was sneaking down in our jammies with our pillows to watch the shows (they weren't at all crowded at the time.)

I think movie theaters show be on every ship!

Punk

Yes, it is stadium seating like the newer theaters today. They offer a lot of the typical movie theater candy and stuff and smoothies for purchase at the doors. There are little concessions stands I think I remember seeing popcorn. The movies are pretty current with new Disney release movies as they are released to general audiences.

Movie theater on the Disney ships very nice - as long as you are not over 6 feet tall.

I am 6-2, and had to sit in aisle seats, as I could not get my knees behind the seat back in front of me. Of course, that meant I had to be very careful not to trip anyone.

The pitch (leg room) of the movies' seats was one of the very few complaints I had about the Disney ships and their operation.

One other complaint I had - they wouldn't let adults use the slide into the pool. Children only!

We hope to take another cruise with Disney - this time with the grandkids.

Archived