Just booked Victory on 6/1 out of Norfolk and

KLF

any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm so excited about this trip it's been about 3 years since my last cruise and DH and I are in dire need of some "alone time".

Tell me about the ship, port, anything. I just booked yesterday so I'm in full planning mode!

WOW out of Norfolk. How cool. Cannot help you but am happy to see the Victory sailing out of that port. Where are you going? My sister has been after me to come visit her. Well I could go visit her and cruise at the same time to.

It goes to Nassau and Freeport. Not exactly my first choices in destinations, but I am limited as far as dates are concerned and this cruise fit my time frame.

The downside is that I have to drive to Norfolk when I live about 20 minutes from Cape Liberty.

KLF:

My wife and I are on the same cruise. Welcome aboard. We live about five hours from Norfolk and either will drive down same day or spend a couple of days in Virginia Beach prior to the cruise. Port of Norfolk if fairly new. Parking is $10.00 a day. Don't know much about the Victory as this is our first time sailing on this ship. Did some research on Carnival's website. Took the Miracle last June and loved it. Enjoy

:cool: The ship is wonderful! Have sailed on it twice and will be sailing again on May 18th. I have one photo posted here of the Grand Atrium's spectacular green, spiral ceiling. When you walk onto the ship, it really is impressive! The ship's 'theme' must be the sea since most of the bars, etc. are named accordingly. Aegean Sea bar (very cool), Irish Sea Bar, Red Sea... and on and on.

If by chance you happen to be registered at www.classmates.com I have a bunch of photos of the Victory posted on the cruise group photo albums. I've read comments at different boards that the Victory seemed to be kind of worn out, but I didn't think so and I'm anxiously awaiting my next Victory cruise in May.

As I have always found with Carnival, the crew and staff were wonderful, the food beyond wonderful... and the cruise, a great time of course! :cool:

Another boat drink please. :D

I sailed on the Victory out of Norfolk two years ago.

Two things I distinctly remember are:

1. When you are in line to board, be careful of the posts holding the line chains in place. Saw several people fall over these as they were moving through the line. You will see what I mean once you get in line.

2. The ship was very cold, so you may want to take an extra wrap.

:cool: The ship is wonderful! Have sailed on it twice and will be sailing again on May 18th. I have one photo posted here of the Grand Atrium's spectacular green, spiral ceiling. When you walk onto the ship, it really is impressive! The ship's 'theme' must be the sea since most of the bars, etc. are named accordingly. Aegean Sea bar (very cool), Irish Sea Bar, Red Sea... and on and on.

If by chance you happen to be registered at www.classmates.com I have a bunch of photos of the Victory posted on the cruise group photo albums. I've read comments at different boards that the Victory seemed to be kind of worn out, but I didn't think so and I'm anxiously awaiting my next Victory cruise in May.

As I have always found with Carnival, the crew and staff were wonderful, the food beyond wonderful... and the cruise, a great time of course! :cool:

Another boat drink please. :D

I didn't see any photos at classmates.com where are they?

I sailed on the Victory out of Norfolk two years ago.

Two things I distinctly remember are:

1. When you are in line to board, be careful of the posts holding the line chains in place. Saw several people fall over these as they were moving through the line. You will see what I mean once you get in line.

2. The ship was very cold, so you may want to take an extra wrap.

Brand new cruise terminal opened last year so hopefully those chains are no longer a problem. I live in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to try and assist. We are sailing on Victory in October ourselves. Former co-worker took the 2 day CTN on her last year and highly recommended the ship.

Thanks everyone for the tips so far, esp. the one about the ship being cold, I'm always cold so I'll make sure I pack wraps and sweaters.

There doesn't seem to be too much negative feedback re: the Victory so I'm sure we'll have a great time. Honestly, how bad can it be if I'm going to have 6 nights w/o kids enjoying the sun, time with DH and some adult conversation.

We took the Victory out of Norfolk last year and had a great time. It was our first cruise so I can't compare it to anything else. The ship was very clean and the crew was fantastic! We loved the late night comedy shows! We thought there was only going to be one formal night and were surprised to have two on a 6 night cruise. We ate in the dinning room every night but one. The food was better than expected! The terminal in Norfolk is brand new! The ship was late due to bad weather so we spent a couple of hours sitting on the floor in the terminal waiting. It was fun watching the ship sail into port! We didn't have the best start to our cruise but still had a fantastic time and booked another cruise for this spring!

Archived