can i bring an iron

OHIOTEAMSTER

can i take an iron on board for my dress paints or do they have one for me to use

No, irons on a ship are considered a fire hazard, but there are laundry rooms with irons and boards that you can use. Or clothing steamers are OK too.

They don't allow irons, but they do allow steamers, and there is a laundry room that has an iron and ironing board. However, if you're mostly worried about wrinkles, and not so much about your crease...may I suggest a $4 bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release? Amazing stuff (and it doesn't stink either). :D

No it doesn't, but it does take a little while to dry, so unless you plan on standing there with the hair dryer, I wouldn't spray them right before dinner.:D

I just sprayed my clothes as I was unpacking, hung them up, gave a little tug at the corners, and I was good to go for the week.

Although the spray doesn't leave visible spots.....some have said it does show up in the photos.

I use the spray on vacations w/no problem. I have also used the one from Dollar Tree ....only $1, of course...and works just fine.

I manage 26 apartments. When, for whatever reason, the electric company has to turn on service, I have to be the one to flip the main switch. Power company will not.

Reason is: if anyone has had their iron plugged in an on while the power was out, there's a possibility of a fire. So, I have to wait for the tenant to request that I flip the switch.

AND, the apartment is not MOVING - a ship is.

Although the spray doesn't leave visible spots.....some have said it does show up in the photos.

I use the spray on vacations w/no problem. I have also used the one from Dollar Tree ....only $1, of course...and works just fine.

Cotton, you are a genius. I never would have thought to look for it at the dollar store. Now I know. THANKS!:D

I too suggest a $4 bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release.

I usually use it first thing when I hang up my clothes. This gives it a couple days to release and relax back to shape.

I have never had an issue using this method.

Have a great cruise.

p.s., did you get a scolding not to bring an iron...? Most people do. I didn't read the whole thread.

I too suggest a $4 bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release.

I usually use it first thing when I hang up my clothes. This gives it a couple days to release and relax back to shape.

I have never had an issue using this method.

Have a great cruise.

p.s., did you get a scolding not to bring an iron...? Most people do. I didn't read the whole thread.

I've been watching and waiting, but nobody has scolded the OP yet. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the two posters that suggested the hot shower natural steamer. It works like a charm, it's free (to the traveller at least) and it doesn't take up any packing room.

But hey the wedding I got as a wedding present is still unopened in it's original box so maybe I'm not one to comment here. Although my thought is, I'm going to be on vacation and whilst I like to look nice, I'm not going to be worried about a couple of wrinkles.

Archived