Cabana Rental -- HMC

bemarshall

Just wondering if there is a limit to the number of people allowed to share a cabana on Half Moon Cay? I know there must be. Anyone know the number? We have a large group and need to see how many we will have to reserve. Also, I read something about a cabana for $1,200 with hot tub, etc. Is that available to Carnival passengers?

Thanks!

Beth

Just wondering if there is a limit to the number of people allowed to share a cabana on Half Moon Cay? I know there must be. Anyone know the number? We have a large group and need to see how many we will have to reserve. Also, I read something about a cabana for $1,200 with hot tub, etc. Is that available to Carnival passengers?

Thanks!

Beth

Beth, a regular cabana has a limit of 4 for the standard price but you can pay for extra users. The Grand Cabana or Private Oasis (there is only 1) has a limit of 12 for the standard price but again extras can be added. This is HAL (owner of HMC) information but I suspect Carnival is the same.

Just wondering if there is a limit to the number of people allowed to share a cabana on Half Moon Cay? I know there must be. Anyone know the number? We have a large group and need to see how many we will have to reserve.

Just did HMC on January 31 from Carnival Imagination and we rented a cabana for the day. You can have as many people as you like hanging out at the cabana, but you only get 4 floating mats, 4 sets of snorkelling gear and 10 drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or water...any combination of 10).

You get a nice little spread of snacks also, which is good for four people, but sparse for any more than that. We had a veggie tray with a blue cheese dip as well as a fruit tray with pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges and honeydew melon. We also had a big bowl of tortilla chips with salsa, sour cream and guacamole dips.

There were 6 of us hanging out at the cabana, but we had only booked it for two of us (DW and I). We became friends with two couples from our dinner table, so we invited them to hang out with us. We also invited several others to stop by and visit with us. We probably had 10 friends visit us throughout the day, so really there's no limit on the number of people.

You're only restricted by the amount of equipment they provide. I'm sure if you told them that 6 of you were sharing the cabana, they would charge you extra for the two additional people. That extra charge would cover extra snorkel equipment, extra floating mats and extra drinks (not sure how many...).

My advice: Book it for four and split it with whoever wants to hang out. It's great for a "base of operation" throughout the day and you're guaranteed not to be encroached upon by other beach goers. The snorkelling is boring at HMC, so you really don't need to pay extra for the extra gear. Share the four sets they give you or don't snorkel at all.

You say you have a large group, so I would reccomend that you figure the number of cabanas by 6's. In other words, if you have 12 people, get two cabanas (2 cabanas at $219ea= $438 divided by 12ppl = $37pp) . 15 people, get three....etc.

Also, I read something about a cabana for $1,200 with hot tub, etc. Is that available to Carnival passengers?

Thanks!

Beth

Yes, the Grand Cabana is available to Carnival passengers, but there's only one and it costs $1200 for 12ppl. There's an extra charge for each person over the 12 person limit, but I'm not sure how much pp.

I guess the bottom line is your budget. The grand cabana has more amenities, but it will be $100pp. The smaller cabanas are cheaper and closer to the activities.... Good Luck!

Archived