Venice

MJ123

Hello All,

Our 2 favourite hotels in Venice are Antiche Figure and is about 5 minutes away from Piazza Roma wher the buses from the airport drop you off, and directly across from the Train Station which is very handy.

The San Clemente Palace Hotel used to be a monastery on its own Island 10 minutes away from st marks square (hotel has its own luxury complimentary boats) its expensive, but hey while your on holiday you deserve the best, thats what we keep telling ourselves when we book in.

Venice is brilliant especially after 6pm when the day visitors disappear, trip advisor is a good link to read views on hotels etc.

Have a great time, and do try and eat at two fantastic small restaurants

which are very great value for money Madonna and Bora Bora.:)

I'm appreciating all the continued in-put and still keep wishing that more responders would speak to our primary concern-- how quiet the hotel is (both from outside noises and between rooms). I wonder what hotel would be most quiet, as well as convenient and very comfortable (good bathrooms, not too horribly small, king bed if at all possible). Would like to spend not more than about $350-400 night (would love to spend less!)

Gracia!

I'm appreciating all the continued in-put and still keep wishing that more responders would speak to our primary concern-- how quiet the hotel is (both from outside noises and between rooms). I wonder what hotel would be most quiet, as well as convenient and very comfortable (good bathrooms, not too horribly small, king bed if at all possible). Would like to spend not more than about $350-400 night (would love to spend less!)

Gracia!

Poss, our room at the Antiche Figure was canal side, and we had no issues with noise, either internally or externally.

We, too, stayed last Sept in this hotel pre-cruise for three nights and it was very nice. Our room was quiet and we booked directly so breakfast was included. The location is great - you can walk from Piazzale Rome with your luggage in 5 minutes, there are Traghetto stops across the canal from which you can go express to Murano and there are very nice restaurants nearby. We found the smaller ones to be nicer - better food and service.

While they have started to put ramps on the bridges over the canals, just be mindful that you may have steps to go up and down - with luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not familiar with Venice. Any recommendation on hotel prior to cruise? it appears that a lot of hotels in Venice require taking a water taxi.

Any comments will be appreciated.

We stayed at the Foscari Palace (on the Grand Canal just north of the Rialto Bridge), and I can't say enough good things about it. We prefer the smaller hotels, and this is one of the best anywhere. Try to get one of the three suites ( they are less than regular rooms at some of the big name places). It is highly rated by TripAdvisor, is relatively new and the breakfasts are scrumptious. There are several neighborhood restaurants nearby that are fabulous. There is a roof garden for drinks at sunset and the view of Venice is breathtaking. The Hotel has its own dock, and the Vaporetta main lines stop nearby. You really get a feel for all things Venician here. Truly a great experience.

Antiche Figure used to be a well kept secret, but now that it is out, they tend to book up quickly. A couple of years ago we tried to stay there, but it was full. I was amazed to find two rooms on expedia, at a discount. When we arrived I asked why, they explained that expedia had helped them get to be popular, so they always try to save a couple of rooms for them. Worth a try. Should mention though, that while it is heaven for those coming or going by train, if you only have one or two nights in venice and aren't using the train, I would stay nearer plaza san marco- the hub of venice.

Archived