Galveston Port Questions RCCL sailing on Voyager of the Seas

jlink

Sailing on the Voyager in December.

I have sailed from Miami Before.

How much differant is Galvestion to Miami.

Need info on Galveston Check In etc.

Airport transfer is it as smooth as Miami.

Also would like to stay the night before anyone do this using RCCL?

Would like to pick up a case or 2 of bottled water before getting on the ship.

Is this possible.

I know these might be stupid questions but they will really help us.

Thanks

jlink

We are sailing the Voyager on march 9th.(our 2nd aboard voyager). As to the flight to Houston, book your flight and select airport transfers to galveston. The easiest way is to book it thru royal caribbean. CHECK IN: After you book your cruise, do the online check in at http://www.rccl.com at home on your home computer at least 10 days prior to sailing. Select before you board then online check in. When you complete all areas of the online check in process for each guest, a new button will appear. Its called "set & Sail Pass". You then print the set & sail pass. (Part of the online check in process is setting up the credit card you want to use to pay for onboard expenses, as it is a cashless system onboard and which guests you want to be able to use your account). When you get to the ship you will need to show your seapasses, all passports for each guest(required), everyones drivers license or picture ID, and your credit card that you did online check in with and your done. No filling out forms at the pier. Hope this helps...As to the cases of bottled water, it might be confiscated from you. I dont think that is allowed.http://www.dharrison@hillsboro.net

If you are flying into HOBBY, then the port is about 1-1/2 hours away. It is a fairly busy port, with Carnival, Costa and RCL departing from there.

When the DH and I got there on our trip last Feb., we arrived at the port about 2:00pm and waited in line (with passports) for about 1 hour.

I live 1 1/2 hour away from the port. You can bring on bottle water and soft drinks.If you can put them in your suit case after you get here you can carry them on. I have read in the book with info that you can bring on theses drinks but no alcohol. If you arrive around 12 noon to 1pm the process is very fast.

Marilyn

Archived