Baltic Cruise - Which side of the ship is best for viewing?

This question is for anyone that has done the Baltic cruise visiting these ports in this order:

Dover to Copenhagen to Warnemunde to Tallinn to St. Petersburg to Helsinki to Stockholm to Dover

We are cruising on the Norwegian Jewel and were interested in knowing whether the port (left) side of the ship or the starboard (right) side of the ship gets to see the most as the ship is cruising into the ports. Does it make a difference??

Thanks for any help or advise you can give.

H

We were on the Dream two years ago on the starboard side - did have doubts as after we booked everything I saw said the port was the best side but we had no problems at all and were quite often on the dockside in port which was good in St Petersburgh as we could watch the band playing from our balcony. Stockholm we looked over to the city. So I do not think it makes a lot of differnence.

Sue G

H

We were on the Dream two years ago on the starboard side - did have doubts as after we booked everything I saw said the port was the best side but we had no problems at all and were quite often on the dockside in port which was good in St Petersburgh as we could watch the band playing from our balcony. Stockholm we looked over to the city. So I do not think it makes a lot of differnence.

Sue G

Although we haven't done this cruise, yet, it doesn't seem to make that much difference. Going in, you'll see one side. Going out, it's the other side you'll see. Oslo and Stockholm are supposed to be wonderful going into and coming out of with their harbors, etc. For summer, sunrise is very early and sunset is very late. In most cases, you will want to be on deck, higher in the boat as you are going in for these two keybest port entries. In St. Petersburg, it's a very industrial port area that deserves to be missed from what I have read and researched. Am I missing something?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We were on the starboard side and were always facing the cities going in and out of the ports and had wonderful views - definately the side to be on! However, that being side, we did the cruise backward in the order of ports the ships usually follow. We went from Harwich, to Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, etc.

Archived