Topolobampo Questions

cruznbuddies

In fact, Goat Rancher, I'd love to hear what you have to say about any/all of your cruise. Your cruise leaves on Tuesday, right? (I've seen your postings out there while looking at other threads). Putting you in Topolobampo also on Sunday? We leave 4/15, also a Tuesday. So any input is greatly appreciated! And Bon Voyage!!!

Hi......yes we will report back, especially on the excursions......It has been pretty hard for us to get a lot of information on the things we are planning on doing...(the list of things I will have to report on will be :) :Town and Tequila tour in Puerto Vallarta with Mazatlan Frank's partner followed by Rhythms of the Night that evening, Colonial and City Tour with Mazatlan Frank, Native Culture and Land of Zorro in Topolobompo, on our own in Loreto and La Paz since none of the shore tours sounded good to us...will report how things go there too...and in Cabo, the Historical Pirate Sail and Whale watching followed by, hopefully..IF we can find it...Lunch at O Mole Mio....)...

We are dieing to get out of here....yes we do leave TUESDAY (hurray!!)

Last year I was on the Ryndam and did not take Copper Can. tour. There is good shopping at the pier for the usual Mexican stuff. We went on a complimentary tour offered by the locals to the city on big air conditioned buses. The guide was informative and spoke good English. She played games and had nice prizes. A lot of vegetables are grown in the countryside for export. The city (town) was OK and clean - not the usual tourist shopping - mainly for the locals. Had a nice lunch there and then returned to the ship at a specified time. Back at the pier the locals put on a dance and musical concert before the dinner time on the ship. All and all a nice time for FREE.

Solocanadian:D

Hi iluv2travel: If I remember correctly, HAL made an announcement over the PA system. We heard, went out the the pier and boarded a bus. There were no strings attached - only a polite plea for a tip for the bus driver and tour guide _ I tipped 2.00 US each - made for a very cheap excursion. The shopping on the dock was very reasonable too. There were no such items for sale in the City.I bargained for some very nice silver jewellry and frige magnets. Some of their silver pieces were different and no junk. Enjoy your cruise. There was also a free shuttle into La Paz - shopping was expensive but they have a few nice places for lunch. The City is clean and the Malecon picturesque. There is a beautiful huge wall full colour mural. We took pictures in front of it and they look like they were taken in an aquarium. Once again, enjoy.

Solocanadian;)

I would hope that most people would tip much more than $2/pp for the free bus into town! :eek: The town that you go to is Los Mochis and there is not a whole lot to see. The drive and guide were very informative but we wish we would have went to the beach instead as there just was not a whole lot to see. We talked to some others who went to the beach (also free shuttles) who had a great time.

Hola Love2 from Scruffers!

Great to have met you and yours. We were all blessed that day in Mazatlan.

Scruffers and her human partner

Sorry Scruffers - You must have me confused with another luv2travel. I've not yet been to Mazatlan. I read a post from a luv2travel #2 yesterday on these boards about a bad experience they had at Senor Frogs. Not me though.

Thanks for the info regarding Topo Solocanadian and Househunter. I appreciate it - and your answers to my questions.

On a different note; Househunter - I don't think it's fair to judge what someone else chooses to leave as a tip. It's a personal choice - usually based on several factors. Not yours to judge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived