Jack Harter or Safariair on Kauai

Kittycat

:confused: We have chosen Inter-Island based upon the wonderful tour they do that lands at a waterfall for a swim and picnic. Unfortunately, I've never heard on this board from anyone else that has done this particular tour. We did read about it in the Wizard book on Kauai and they recommend it. So, how about it, anyone out there that has ever done this one???:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
We have decided that we definitely want to do a helicopter tour in Kauai in the morning, but can't decide between Jack Harter and Safariar - does anyone have any recommendations as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference.

We took Jack Harter tour last year and had a wonderful tour and service. They came to pick us up and brought us back to the ship. We were told later by one of the cruise passenger that they had the best reputation in Hawaii and we lucky to get booking. I did booked 3 month in advance last time.

I will highly recommend them.

We did Safariair last November and were very satisfied with the experience. Booked on line at Safariair.com for a reduced price. Played the game on the web site and won a really nice t-shirt upon completion of the tour. We were picked up and dropped off at the pier. The pilot was a nam veteran and very experienced. The headsets made communication between the pilot and passengers easy and also blocked out the noise of the engine and rotors.

Bud Laumann

Thanks for all your advice - we've now booked with Jack Harter, partly because we got such good service by email and haven't read a bad thing about him. The only down side was that as he doesn't have a safe site we had to phone him and I dread to think what that will cost from the UK, but we'll soon find out when we get our next bill. Anyway, regardless of the recent publicity, we're definitely going - this is a once in a lifetime chance for us and we think we should take it.

We just returned from a land vacation in Kauai (we canceled our POA 9/19 cruise due to bad reviews). We had a WONDERFUL time! We booked the two-hour tour with waterfall picnic with Inter-Island Helicopters. The helicopter used by Inter-Island, the Hughes 500, is also used for search and rescue, and our pilot was one of the search and rescue pilots. I have to admit I was really nervous about flying in a helicopter without doors, but less than a minute after we were airborne, the fear was gone. It just kind of feels like you are floating above all the breathtaking scenery. Because there are no doors, the wind blows right through, so there is very little, if any, turbulence. Also, there's no glass to cause a reflection in your photographs. We were glad we booked the tour with the waterfall picnic. They land in a small clearing and then there is a footpath that takes you to a beautiful waterfall with your own private "swimming hole." There is a covered picnic table, and you get a nice lunch of wraps, chips, and juice. This helicopter tour was absolutely the highlight of our time in Kauai.:)

Kathy

Archived