QE2 Punta Arenas Did She Dock?

Anteeta

Hi All,

Does anyone know if QE2 made Punta Arenas today? The webcam shows her at sea and I thought they were in port until 1800GMT. Is this another missed stop due to weather?

Thanks.

Anita

Anita, she did not, due to high winds. Poor old Malcolm is not going to see any penguins in the southern hemisphere, and is somewhat miffed.

M

Anita, she did not, due to high winds. Poor old Malcolm is not going to see any penguins in the southern hemisphere, and is somewhat miffed.

M

I think, pace a current GCSE text book, that they only have penguins in the southern hemisphere, unless in captivity.:)

Jane

Sir M and Malcolm,

Thanks both for your replies. I've been following the assorted adventures with interest, particularly the last few days. I really wanted to go on this voyage, but couldn't for a number of reasons. I have family in Port Stanley and Punta Arenas and know they were looking forward to seeing the QE2 on her last call at these ports. I'd have been inconsolable and confined to quarters if I'd been on board and hadn't been able to set foot on land at these stops. I know it's just one of those unfortunate things, and I'm sorry for those of you who had trips planned. Better luck in Valparaiso and Easter Islandicon7.gif

Anita

Archived