Amadeus Optional Excursions

nyfeds

Does Amadeus offer an optional excursion when docked in Vienna to Schoenbrun Palace? If so, what is the cost?

Thank you.

Yes, Amadeus does offer an excursion to the Palace. It was well worth it. I don't remember the cost, as we've already paid off that credit card! However, you can't beat the convenience. (The ship is not docked within walking distance to anything you will want to see). We went on 4 optional excursions offered by Amadeus (Terezin Concentration Camp, Salzburg, Vienna concert, and Schoenbrun Palace)...none seemed overpriced for what we got in return. Salzburg and Terezin were amazing-not to be missed!

Yes' date=' Amadeus does offer an excursion to the Palace. It was well worth it. I don't remember the cost, as we've already paid off that credit card! However, you can't beat the convenience. (The ship is not docked within walking distance to anything you will want to see). We went on 4 optional excursions offered by Amadeus (Terezin Concentration Camp, Salzburg, Vienna concert, and Schoenbrun Palace)...none seemed overpriced for what we got in return. Salzburg and Terezin were amazing-not to be missed![/quote']

Amadeus usually docks at Handelskai in Vienna which is a short (five minutes) walk from the boat to their Metro stop. Don't miss the opportunity to use their transportation system is clean efficient and safe.

WIT

We weren't in Vienna long enough to utilize their public transportation. But it's good to know about it for future reference.

As for the original question regarding cost for the Schoenbrun Palace tour, I just found my ticket stub. (I kept everything...menus, newletters, etc, for a scrapbook/photo album), and the cost was $54 US.

Hope that helps.

Amadeus offers optional tours in Vienna.

An evening with Mozart and Strauss for $69pp That was two years ago. It was held in a palace and was a very enjoyable evening , that had us laughing most of the time. It would appeal to everyone, even if you don't like classical music. Will do it again in December.

They also offer a Schoenbrunn Palace tour for $48. Also enjoyed this too

You should take in all you can while there. We feel Amadeus gives good tours and the prices are fair.

Archived